Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-bodies Are Comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Smile F-bodies Are Comfortable

Some people bash the F-body interior. I find it extremely comfortable. Example: Cruising with my left elbow on the armrest, steering with my left index finger slotted in the steering wheel cut-out, right arm on the console armrest, hand on the shifter, left foot on the dead pedal, with lumbar support and thigh support perfectly adjusted, life is good. I'm 6'0", 180, by the way. I did a couple of 1500 mile trips in my 94 Formula without any aches or pains. What's your experience?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my interior is very comfortable. My driver seat is like 100x better than my passenger seat for some reason. I don't care though because I am always in the drivers seat.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

I gave two coworkers a ride yesterday, they are pretty big so there was a lot of bitching and whining when they were getting into the car - they fought like kids for the front seat lol. They relaxed when I got on it though
Old 08-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Heman Pimp Daddy

I find my Z's interior extremely comfortable, the two front seats are amazingly nice, its too bad for the people that get occasionaly stuck in the back.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 Love
I find my Z's interior extremely comfortable, the two front seats are amazingly nice
and the back seat isnt all that bad either, you had better have some short *** legs though..
Old 08-07-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hell yeah I love mine. With all the bucket seats, I think there is more room in the back seats of my car, than there is in the back seats of my sis's cavalier!
Old 08-07-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im 6'4 260 and im comfortable as can be in the drivers seat passenger isnt as comfy, cuz of the damn hump. haha
Old 08-07-2004, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

I too find it rather comfortable. Just last week I drove a total of 20 hours on highway/interstate for my brother's baseball tournament. Took my mom's Taurus and could not STAND the seats ESP the passenger's seat the time I rode with my dad. They SUCKED and I'd take my seats ANY DAY over them. I took my back seat out, but you can still sit in the little pockets left from the buckets and the seatbelts are still there. There is even more room now! (if you dont mind sitting on the floor, which also happens to be missing some insulation)
Old 08-07-2004, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

The seats in my car aren't too bad, but they dont hold you in for ****. The best seats I have sat and drove in would be from a early 90's Lumina Z34. Those things were comfy as hell.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Damillio
The seats in my car aren't too bad, but they dont hold you in for ****. The best seats I have sat and drove in would be from a early 90's Lumina Z34. Those things were comfy as hell.
That's why he said that F-bodies are comfortable, not your car!

J/k man. I can see how your seats wouldn't hold you in, seems like they would be designed to sit ON and not IN given the size of the car and the average buyer of that platform as a whole.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Very comfortable seats, but still hate them for the lack of proper head support. I've been rear-ended once (low-speed thank god), and hope that never happens again at higher speeds.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DougSS
Very comfortable seats, but still hate them for the lack of proper head support. I've been rear-ended once (low-speed thank god), and hope that never happens again at higher speeds.
Wow, you joined in April and this is your first post? Amazing...........welcome aboard! I hear you on that, I have been rear ended TWICE and the second one was a good jolt
Old 08-07-2004, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

The F body seats are very comfortable if you never sit in any other car with better seats. My back use to ache at first from sitting in the seat, but after awhile you get used to it.

The rear is terrible though, no one I know likes to sit in it, I treat it like a 2 seater.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Teching In

First post? Didn't realise that. Mainly do searches for all the great information here. As for the seats, looking at some Recaro's but man are they expensive!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

"F-bodies are comfortable" is a relative term. It just depends on whether or not you own it.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01blufrmla
"F-bodies are comfortable" is a relative term. It just depends on whether or not you own it.
I suppose there is some truth to that, but I really do find it a lot more comfortable than a lot of nay-sayers try and say. I like to compare to my mom's taurus (or the 99 Taurus I had before the Camaro). I have more headroom and more legroom in my car BY FAR in both driver and even passenger seat. As stated I find the seats more comfortable as well. Just don't use the backseats for anything but storage or short jaunts and it's fine.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
and the back seat isnt all that bad either, you had better have some short *** legs though..
how was that 4hr ride in the back seat to DFW? with that drunk *** passed out leaning all over you. i always felt bad for that ride! the drivers seat is nice and comfy. one thing that annoys me is i get the adjustments set just right, and ive let my dad borrow it a few times and he jacks em all up. drives me crazy!
Old 08-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Surprisingly I had a couple of good coments from the few people that have sat in the back about the comfort and head room. Only complaints is about getting in and out of the back seats.

In considering removing the back seats, has anyone noticed an increase in road noise with them taken out?
Old 08-07-2004, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DougSS
Surprisingly I had a couple of good coments from the few people that have sat in the back about the comfort and head room. Only complaints is about getting in and out of the back seats.

In considering removing the back seats, has anyone noticed an increase in road noise with them taken out?
Yes, there is increased road noise. However I don't think it is very bad. Mine is only bad because i took out the insullation/padding at the same time. It's really quite easy to take the back seat out, go ahead and try it, you can always put it back in. The bottom part of the seat is the easiest, you can jsut pull it out and drop it back in. I suggest removing the seatbelt guide from the seat so that you still have seatbelts back there in case you need to seat peopel legally....it's also a lot easier that way

Edit: You will need a torx bit to get the seatbelt guide off of the back part of the seat. Only "oddball" tool required, other than that it's just a ratchet/wrench. I bought a torx bit set at Menards for a few bucks then realized I already had the size torx I needed on one of my interchangeable tip screwdrivers

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 08-07-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Thanks blkZ28spt. I'll check it out, since it is rarity that someone sits back there.

Quick Reply: F-bodies Are Comfortable