New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Svt Focus Vs Lt1

Old 08-10-2004, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Svt Focus Vs Lt1

I'm cruisin in my friends Lt1, were kinda pissed cuz we didnt get any races at all that night. So were on our way back and were not even paying attention to the focus next to us. On the green light that ricer gunned it and like brought it up to 8. So we pull up laughing and i ask what does that thing do in the 1/4 mile? He's all Low 13's. I was like b.s. Lt1's hit low 14's and there was no way that fool can take us. So we went from a 20 and grilled this guy. I figured he would duct a left turn but decided to fly by with his hazards on!!! Yes i was confused.....
Old 08-10-2004, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

an svt focus, is just a slow *** car with SVT badges. Im a little dissappointed in SVT for that serious bomb. As with all fords, it aint fast without forced induction or nitrous. Im not a real fast car either, but put a low end camaro V8 up against a low end ford v8 and you'll win every time!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:44 AM
12 Second Club

I know but this guy was askin for it, LOW 13'S
Old 08-10-2004, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was a little disappointed that svt would just slap some badges on a car too. i dislike ricers and all, but it kinda brings a smile to my face when i know that domestic "euros" are ruling the ricer world. lie the NeonNeonNeon-4 neon. i was curious to see what an SVT focus would be like, and man, was that disappointing!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

man i know, ricers always think they are the ****. Thats why god made the LS1... to destroy everything that ricers have worked so long and hard to accomplish.

I dont blame you guys for racing him, hell I would have!

But what the hell is with the emergency flashers thing? Why do they do that ****?
Old 08-10-2004, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

even though it is domestic sounds like a typical ricer.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by natronathon
man i know, ricers always think they are the ****. Thats why god made the LS1... to destroy everything that ricers have worked so long and hard to accomplish.

I dont blame you guys for racing him, hell I would have!

But what the hell is with the emergency flashers thing? Why do they do that ****?
so you guys cant sleep either? oh, and ive got to where i do the emergency flasher crap to them. except i do it to ricers before the light even drops. pisses them right off when you are blowing by them, flashers already on.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:53 AM
12 Second Club

That's Hilarious
Old 08-10-2004, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have to say... overall the american automotive industry is going in a good direction. It seems like everything now a days has higher horsepower than it did, even a few years ago!

And yes, we do rule the ricer world. The top-end Neon, is quite the little car! NeonNeonNeon-4 i think. Id like to race one sometime!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:55 AM
12 Second Club

Yoyu would GRill it, i raced one in the ls1 and it didn't stand a chance
Old 08-10-2004, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by natronathon
I have to say... overall the american automotive industry is going in a good direction. It seems like everything now a days has higher horsepower than it did, even a few years ago!

And yes, we do rule the ricer world. The top-end Neon, is quite the little car! NeonNeonNeon-4 i think. Id like to race one sometime!
i love how it wont let you write s r t. hilarious! im gonna be stuck in the past, i hope chevy continues to develop and modernize pushrod V8s. and i would like to race an s r t neon too. there are several running around here now, and a few even rev at me sometimes, but when i go back for em the turn off or drive normal.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats the life we lead, ricers hardly ever take the bait. I drive all aggressive, and I never get any ricers to race me. Im stuck racing mustangs all the time
Old 08-10-2004, 02:00 AM
12 Second Club

Dude most neon drivers pull that ****, there hard asses when were not paying attention but puss out on the F-Bods. But i must say they luv picking on civics and ****..
Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
Dude most neon drivers pull that ****, there hard asses when were not paying attention but puss out on the F-Bods. But i must say they luv picking on civics and ****..
i second the civics thing. thsoe guys never learn. ive got a little story posted about a crx
in CIVICS OWN LS1S RIGHT? scroll down a little and read. i think its on the last page of it.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:11 AM
12 Second Club

i read that the other day that was hilarious, good post
Old 10-04-2004, 02:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So why do they flash the Hazards?? Guy did that to me the other day and I thought something was wrong with him. I pulled up to help him when he stopped at the 7-11 because I thought he broke his car or something. He was like what you want some more?? I promptly rolled up my window and left
Old 10-04-2004, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the hazards are their way of showing victory as was stated to me by a bunch of ricers in atlanta. When they win its their way of not having to slow down and say we kicked your rear and laugh at you. Why he did it was probably to **** you off since you spanked him and then he had to do a fly by. I had some asian dude in one of those honda s2000 / 3000 whatever they are with the whole body kit and a bunh of blah blah try me one night which was no contest then as we get on a straightaway here he comes probably doing about 110 since im cruising at a modest 65 thinking that was all over and done with. I think we all have had to deal with that crap but thats the hazard light deal.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by popocamaro2
the hazards are their way of showing victory as was stated to me by a bunch of ricers in atlanta.
BAH now whenever i race a ricer i give him the hazards after a promptly kick his ***... "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT YA KINDA STUPID ISNT IT" LOL
Old 10-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Launching!

i have a base model 04 focus for my daily driver. it's slow as crap. i feel like i could get out and run faster, but it gets good gas milage. i dont know if the SVT model are that much faster. its such a weird feeling when driving the T/A, then immediatly driving the focus. i dont why people buy and think that they're really fast.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

the hazards are their way of showing victory as was stated to me by a bunch of ricers in atlanta
I've had that happen to me a few times. I think they do it b/c after we pull like 6 cars on 'em off the bat and continue to pull away and finally get off of it, they think the race is still not over. So when they do the "Ricer Fly-by", they actually think they won.

It quite pathetic if you ask me.

Search this Thread