Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting Problem

Well, sometimes when i shut my door, my interior lights dont turn off!!! sometimes when my knee bangs my driverside door, my interior lights flick on. WTF IS GOIN ON. this is pissing me off, I cant figure out wtf is wrong with it. Do you guys think its a sensor in the door? How much would it be to buy a new lock assembly or whatever? Anyone ever have this problem? Its pissing me off royally and I want to fix it.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

dont even tell me yall havent had this problem before.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Lightbulb

I have not had this problem.

My guess would be the switch in the door for the lights is faulty. It might be broken or dirty. But instead of replacing it, the first thing I would try is cleaning it with "TV-Tuner/Control Cleaner/Lubricant" from Radio Shack, catalog item number 64-4315.

Test the door button after spraying it (and maybe the other door's button too while you're at it). The stuff evaporates fairly quickly.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Well it won't hurt to try what David said to spray on there...but it seems like some wiring might have either come loose or is touching another and causing it. It more than likely is inside the door panel. You might want to take off the door panel and check the wiring. It's not that hard to take off. Good luck and hopefully it is something minor and simple to fix!!!!