New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Up graded to performance lid and air filter.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Up graded to performance lid and air filter.

I up graded to a performace Slp air lid, and an Amsoil 2 stage foam air filter. First day, I installed the air filter and felt improvment. The following day I installed the performance air lid and combined with the already installed air filter, I felt noticable improvment for the good. The car breaths better, but not louder at idle, but louder when on the go. The car now responds much quicker when gas pedal pressed. Conclusion; it was money well spent.

Reading how the performance air lid for a Camaro can improve throttle response and add some horespower, so I purchased one and Im very satisfied, but I feel the combination of a performance air lid and air filter gave me noticable proven results.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

I guess I expected too much from my lid install. I didnt really feel a SOTP difference, but I'm glad I got one. (TSP lid)
Old 08-15-2004, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroman_99
I guess I expected too much from my lid install. I didnt really feel a SOTP difference, but I'm glad I got one. (TSP lid)
i'm the same way but ET's show otherwise

the best mod for me has been gears, slicks, and the pro 5.0 shifter. they all gave thaty SOTP feel (shifter because i could bang the gears harder)
Old 08-16-2004, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I will add, that the mass air flow sensor was very difficult to remove from the original air baffle. The sensor attached to the air baffle was a matter of just pushing up from the inside of the air baffle with the rubber gasket attached and twist the sesor at the same time - from the outside - side to side then finally it came off. I expected a louder sound at idle but thier isn't.