Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP Pulley question! Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP Pulley question! Please help

I have a question! I apologize if this is a newbie question... I installed an ASP crank pulley (from MTI) and my amp gauge now fluctuates more than ever. At a stop light it will idle sometimes just barely above the red area. It has never been that low before. Is this normal with a pulley or something I should be concerned about? I am worried about my battery being drained and eventually not starting the car. Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 08-18-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From my research on the board it is very un common but happens with the pulley. I installed the exact pulley and had the exact problem. After installing mine i had the same problem and thought it was just the battery going on me, but i notcied my rpms at a stop light were at 450 rpms rather than like 650 or 700. I sent my tune back and got my idle raised to 650 and it completely fixed the charging issues.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

its normal.especially with all your accessories on.you can have your idle raised if your uncomfortable with it.

ive had mine on a few years with no problems.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

is cool man just get an overdrive pulley for the alternator and you'll be ok. the only problem that i noticed when i put my on is that teh power steer pump started acting funny, but it ain't that bad.