New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about extra connector plug

Old 08-22-2004, 04:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about extra connector plug

After removing the radio cover, the extra plug is next to the fog light switch. I bought the car with no asr button, but it came with a blank cover where the asr button would be. Later on I decided to buy an asr button off ebay to replace the blank button.

What is this extra connector for, it fits perfect into the asr button, but last time I took the car for a smog test the guy refused to smog the car, because of the asr, till I told him the asr was not connected and then he said the 98z28 didn't come with asr. Im I risking electrical problems because I connected the asr button to this extra plug, especially since only once light turns on, in the asr button?

I appoligize if this sounds confussing, I tried my best to describe the situation. Thanks, in advance.

Last edited by 98LS1rocket; 08-22-2004 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

All Camaros came pre-wired for ASR, even if they didn't have the system. There are several hard parts under the hood required to have ASR, you are only seeing the electrical plug for it. I'd probably disconnect it if you don't have ASR.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree

Search this Thread