Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FTRA or SSRA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FTRA or SSRA?

Anyone have good experiences, bad expriences before I pick one? And after the FTRA or SSRA is the better, more effective time to cut up my airbox as said in the FRA mod. Thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Veteran

They work and give you about the same horsepower. But I have heard more good thing's about the SSRA than the FTRA. Do search there is alot of info on the this subject.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

I know the SSRA comes out under the front facia a bit. From looking at the 2 I would choose the SSRA because it will be a little lighter and not hold as much heat. I am just curious about clearance issues.

I have an SLP CAI that I am going to change into a true Ram Air. I will be doing something similar to the SSRA but will make it wider at the mouth and not as tall for more ground clearance. It will also be aluminum. Like I said the plastic may not hold as much heat but I can do the aluminum for next to Free.

Brad
Old 08-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Launching!

i have the SSRA, i love it, doesnt add a whole lot of power, but its far more effective than the standard setup. its made of plastic which you gotta watch out for hittin on curbs cause it can break, i just hit mine the other day and i knocked some of the screws lose that hold it in place, no harm no foul, just put the screws back in, good as new now, that was first time hitting something in the 6-7 months ive had it.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Another vote for the SSRA here
Old 08-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Launching!

SSRA is bad ***
Old 08-22-2004, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

I have the "FTRA" and nothing is wrong with it. Some people say that it could overheat the the car, but I have NO problems with that. Especially down here in the Texas heat!
It just comes down to, if you want metal or plastic.
They both do the same thing.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XtinctHawk02
I have the "FTRA" and nothing is wrong with it. Some people say that it could overheat the the car, but I have NO problems with that. Especially down here in the Texas heat!
It just comes down to, if you want metal or plastic.
They both do the same thing.
its all down to preference, i preferred the plastic and the way the scoop came down to the very front, you lose some clearance, but if your smart youll be fine and wont hit anything, i only brushed mine, nothing bad.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

ftra here, love it. no clearance issues and you can't tell i have it in because i tucked the lip of the ram air under the factory air dam. you have to literally get under my car to see it is there.

like stated before, you won't see much power from it but the mods in my sig netted me .4 and 3mph in the 1/4 mile over stock!