Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any members a Dodge dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any members a Dodge dealer?

One of my friends here in the Marines wants to get a Durango for his wife. I was seeing if anyone here works for a dealership and could get him a better deal. PM me or drop me a line on this thread. I know a couple of us here work for one of the rival Big 2 companies so any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your down at Camp Lejune (sp? sorry)? I have a fraternity brother that is stationed down there, what do you do? He does something with managing artilery or something of that sort. Sorry not a dodge dealer.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yes, I am at Lejeune, if your friend had a college degree he more than likely is an officer. In that capacity he would be a Platoon Commande of an arty unit, closely akin to upper management. Really need some help on this Dodge thing guys.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nah, he never graduated and had a kid. His name is Canavari.

Fry
Old 08-31-2004, 07:01 AM
TECH Resident

He must have either been deployed or gotten out. I don't see him in any database. But hey, I could be wrong...not LIKELY but possible.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Make sure your bud does a lot of "consumer research" before buying a durango. I had one, returned it after 500 miles under the lemon law, and got another one. After 3500 miles on the second one, I gave it up for an Expedition, which now has 105k trouble free miles. The issues I experienced with the Durangos seemed to be fairly common place among Durango owners (siezed xfer case, brake problems, and more). Now, mine were '02s, so many issues may be resolved now.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

I tried telling him, he is sold on the whole idea. I would rather see him in a TrailBlazer or something, but, it's his money. I know the Chevys have had some problems, but I've got sickening brand loyalty. Our Grand Cherokee is out the door for a TrailBlazer soon, we are going to get one custom from the factory. I think they are great. Electrical problem and tranny I heard werer common with the Durango line, and he despises Ford, so that's a no-go. He has no real positive feeling about the Chevy line either, he's neither here nor there about it. I just want him to get the best deal, he's married with kids and dealers near bases prey on us. We are by no means newbies in the Corps either, he's over ten and I'm fast approaching. I was just hopeful someone here on this coast might lend a hand.