Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a normal sound?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a normal sound?

I just got my headers and y-pipe put on and i was just wondering if this is normal. When I punch it in first and get into high rpms in all gears, there is a loud, putter i guess you could say, very fast putter(high pitched). And it seems like it takes a second for my car to really go! I may just be imagining things, I just had this put on by a professional performance shop.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Which gaskets did they use? I have seen that the paper ones are crap, go with the OEM or even reuse if you can. There was also another member that had a similar problem that was located at the bolt up areas. So check under it at the Y and also your cat-back, just give them all a extra turn. It sounds most like and exhaust leak, check it with the hood open and listen near the heads while opening the throttle manually. I bet they used crappy paper ones that Jet Hots come supplied with.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mySStery_machine
Which gaskets did they use? I have seen that the paper ones are crap, go with the OEM or even reuse if you can. There was also another member that had a similar problem that was located at the bolt up areas. So check under it at the Y and also your cat-back, just give them all a extra turn. It sounds most like and exhaust leak, check it with the hood open and listen near the heads while opening the throttle manually. I bet they used crappy paper ones that Jet Hots come supplied with.
k, Thanks