New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i think i broke ny 10 bolt ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i think i broke ny 10 bolt ?????????

i have this posted in the gear section also,i am looking for some quick advice!!!! well i ran a 12.9 @ 108 on my first pass last friday, to bad i blew something in the rear end!!!!!! when i turned at the end of the lanes i heard a loud clunk in the rear end.it makes noise when i turn the car so i think it is in my auburn pro posi??????? it made the 20 mile ride home. any suggestions before i tear into it??????? would i be better off with a zexal tosion posi ??????? i cant afford a 12 bolt so that is no !!! john
Old 09-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Launching!

You are going to have to open the housing and check. Have you done anything to it yet. gears, etc? maybe you broke the gears if u have 4.10's. I had similiar problem but came to find out it was the control arm. I had bought jegsters.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heymoej
i have this posted in the gear section also,i am looking for some quick advice!!!! well i ran a 12.9 @ 108 on my first pass last friday, to bad i blew something in the rear end!!!!!! when i turned at the end of the lanes i heard a loud clunk in the rear end.it makes noise when i turn the car so i think it is in my auburn pro posi??????? it made the 20 mile ride home. any suggestions before i tear into it??????? would i be better off with a zexal tosion posi ??????? i cant afford a 12 bolt so that is no !!! john
sounds like a posi failure, i just blew the one in my 12 bolt, i put a spool, but i dont think you want that, try the eaton posi, had one in my old car, worked well.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup. he posi went. I would also suggest the Eaton

J
Old 09-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would recommend the eaton as well

Quick Reply: i think i broke ny 10 bolt ?????????