Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about LID??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question about LID??

I have done a couple of mods since I got my car about less than 3 months ago. I added a brand new SLP LID a month and a half ago. I read on JRP's "induction" site that all 00+ f body's need an "air breather". Is that true JRP? What else should I buy that comes with LID besides the K&N?

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:31 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, 2000+ needs a breather filter. Most sponsors will offer that when you buy a lid. Or you can buy one from them or an auto parts store should carry them. It does not have to be a K&N breather filter, just needs to be 3/4" male end breather filter like on valve covers. Then zip-tie the breather hose away from your belts.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

OR...just disconnect the secondary air system, and remove it

Fry
Old 09-06-2004, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

What is the air breather and where is it? I have an SLP lid and thier was a hose I had to connecton the right side of the airbox so would that be it or something else.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Toadman
What is the air breather and where is it? I have an SLP lid and thier was a hose I had to connecton the right side of the airbox so would that be it or something else.
Are you talking about the sensor you had to reconnect? That is the IAT (or something, cant think right now) Sensor that has to be connected.

The hose in question is another hose that connects to your stock air-box and most aftermarket lids dont have provisions for, so it is tied away with a breather on the end.