Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

threw code, need input....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default threw code, need input....

i was driving tonite and all of a sudden, the check engine light came on and the car hesitated and sputtered badly...sounded like it was misfiring after a second it seemed to clear up a little.

the light stayed on steady and i limped the car into a parking lot to check it out. when i popped the hood, the motor ran smoothly. i didn't want to rev it to high obviously but it responded to light throttle and wasn't shaking or shuddering.

i pulled the PCM bat and ign fuses to try and reset the computer and see if the light would clear. i don't think i left them out long enough because when i started the car, it started right back up with no stumbling (though it did quietly pop once on startup) and the SES light stayed on steady.

i limped the car home under real light throttle and it ran smoothly for most of the trip but hesitated a couple more times (think of a slow, rev-limiter sound at around 2500 rpm).

im thinking it's an ignition problem, i checked to see if any wires had burned through or anything but everything looked more or less normal. i'm gonna try and get my friend to A-tap the car tomm but for now, does anyone have any idea what this might be???
Old 09-13-2004, 12:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have him look at misfire history by cylinder and
see if any of them stand apart. I had a plug wire
come off the other day and that showed which
one, clearly; found it that way and pushed it
back on.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, well now the car won't idle at all. i just drove it around the block to take it home and put it in the garage and it stalled out halfway into the garage...i restarted it and it shuddered again, missed and stalled....

fuel pump maybe???