New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

take-off problem, and car trouble

Old 09-14-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default take-off problem, and car trouble

I have posted something similar to this before, but i need more opinions..

I recently got headers, off road y-pipe, no cats, removed egr, new taylor wires and plugs.

Everytime i slam on it in 1st gear, the car hesitates to take off?? It shakes, and i hear a loud almost like a repetitve poping sound then it jets off normally? This happens in all rpms in 1st gear. This does not happen in any other gears but 1st, when i hit it. Also to add on, today when i was driving in very heavy rain, my car started shaking in all gears, not accellerating right, and SES light was flashing. Then SES light stayed on. After rain was over, took the car out, and it ran fine, no SES light no shaking, just the normal problem in 1st gear.

Could this be....?
Traction control? Plugs and wires not incorrectly...what?
Old 09-14-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also none of this happened till all the mods where on. Before headers, y-pipe, egr removal and plugs and wires, car ran fine.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

get a tune for the lag and are u sure the popping isn't the headers or y-pipe banging? the engine torques its most in 1st gear
Old 09-15-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

maybe your headers have some wires against them and its shorting something out? could be the engine torque in 1st is more than the other gears and thats why its only happening in 1st.

i'd check all the wiring around the mods you installed. maybe put your old plug wires back on to make sure you dont have a bunk set of wires?

Search this Thread