New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytime running lights don't work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Daytime running lights don't work?

Hey guys I have a 2000 Trans Am WS6 and just noticed that the Daytime running lights no longer work? checked the bulbs they were fine and the blinkers still work. Strange thing too when I put the E-Brake on the little light on the dash does not come on? Anything that I can door has someone ever had this prob? The daytime running lighs worked before so it is just latly that this started happining. thanks for the help

Dan
Old 10-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Launching!

I would have to say the switch on the parking brake handle is bad and causeing the DRL not to come on. As you probably know when you start the car with the parking brake on the DRL stay off, so I would say that the problem is related to that switch.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

check the fuse....cuz the DRL have a fuse
Old 10-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wickdws6bird
check the fuse....cuz the DRL have a fuse
Well,I figured he had already did that........but yeah that too .
Old 10-18-2004, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got a ground wire somewhere that's causing my taillamp fuse to blow out RIGHT when I turn on the lights. Because of this ground, I have no guage lights/wheel button lights/accessory lights and my taillights don't work at night when I turn the headlights on. Now my DRL's work when the lights are off, but right when I turn the headlights on the DRL's go off and my foglights don't turn on at all either. I have no idea where to find this bad wire, but I'm at wit's end and I'm going crazy because of it. My dad thinks it's my driver-side DRL socket, because the socket is all rusty and shitty, as opposed to the passenger-side's perfectly clean DRL socket. I'm so lost here.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:22 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by ONGRNGO
Hey guys I have a 2000 Trans Am WS6 and just noticed that the Daytime running lights no longer work? checked the bulbs they were fine and the blinkers still work. Strange thing too when I put the E-Brake on the little light on the dash does not come on? Anything that I can door has someone ever had this prob? The daytime running lighs worked before so it is just latly that this started happining. thanks for the help

Dan
Either the parking brake switch or the blue wire coming off of it is open. Probe the wire with a multimeter and check for continuity to ground with the handle up, and isolate it from there.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Could also be linked to the DRL module behind the stereo. Do a search either on my name or in regards to headlights that I have written or written in. I already went through major grief to get my problem fixed. Also Whitebird was of great help, you may want to ask in the Stereo and Electronics section.

Quick Reply: Daytime running lights don't work?