Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Magnaflow System

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Magnaflow System

So I was pricing it on the net for around 400 bucks plus shipping. So I asked my assistant manager at are shop if we could get it. He called and said it was in stock and could be there by noon.
So i ordered it and went to install I got my car in the air and my manager was looking at my rear end and said something about the cover missing a IDtag. Not thinking much of it he starts dissing my car cause it wasnt posi.
So about 1 hour later I had the pipes in place and was tighting down and thought. Maybe I dont have posi.
When did nice burnout for a friend it only left one mark. And didnt drift nearly like my Eaton in my iroc. ITs stock 5.0 190 horse. Course It didnt feel like I was just sitting there either.

So longstory short I finshed up and that campared to the Hooker and Flowmaster Catbacks IVe installed I thought the MAgnaflow was best.
Course thirdgens are little different. And the flowmaster i did on my sister 95 3.4l.

Is it possibly to not have posi or limited slip in 2001 T/a M6? or need more info.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:38 AM
11 Second Club

im pretty sure they have a limited slip, which again i think is GMs verison of a posi, check jrp's faq, might be in there, and why would you ask a question about limited slip and posi differentials and title your thread as "new magnaflow system"?????
Old 01-07-2005, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....85&postcount=7
you have a Zexel-Torsen differential, which is a limited slip
Old 01-07-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....85&postcount=7
you have a Zexel-Torsen differential, which is a limited slip
When doing burn outs you should be laying down 2 tire marks and not one.

When cornering normally you will not 'skip' the outside tire like a Posi though.