New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carfax anyone? i'll buy you a beer.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Carfax anyone? i'll buy you a beer.

hey all, i'm on the cusp of buying an SS and need the VIN carfaxed, can you guys help me out?? i'd appreciate it.

Edit for the VIN. 2G1FP22GXY2135856

Last edited by loudpipes; 01-22-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Launching!

Lowenbrau please!

Good News -- Vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee!
No severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were ever reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 2000 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28 (2G1FP22GXY2135856). If you find that any of these severe problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

You must register at www.CARFAX.com to activate this free guarantee!

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 2000 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28 (2G1FP22GXY2135856) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
Blue Arrow This coupe has had 1 owner in California. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by a California DMV in 2000.
Blue Arrow It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
Blue Arrow It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
Blue Arrow It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
Blue Arrow It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. It was driven an average of 27,255 miles per year, which is higher than the industry average of 15,000. The last odometer reading, reported on 01/07/2004, was 108,210 miles.
Blue Arrow It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON).
Blue Arrow Its basic warranty has expired. You may want to discuss an extended warranty with your dealer.
Blue Arror Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary

1. ACCIDENT CHECK
Total Loss Check No Severe Accidents Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported

2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK
Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found

3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV - Buyback Guarantee!

4. OWNERSHIP CHECK
Number of Owners 1 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations

5. RECALL CHECK
CHEVROLET Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX

6. WARRANTY CHECK
No Coverage Remaining on Basic Warranty. Interested in an

Year/Make/Model: 2000 CHEVROLET CAMARO Z28

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 5.7L V8 PFI OHV ALUM
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: CANADA
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Running Lights, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts
Standard Equipment: Power Windows Optional, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel, 6-digit Odometer
Old 01-23-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

damn thats alot of miles...
Old 01-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

yes it is a few miles, but the man driving it is about 70 and i checked the rear quarters for rubber build-up from burnouts, it was clean, well as clean as a wheel well could be hah. plus i didnt see any wrinkles in the panels either. the leather seats are great looking, paint is good. so im not that worried. plus i'll be getting it for DIRT cheap (in the neighborhood of 6k) and it'll be a second car, i'm tired of driving the S everyday.

and BigBadWolf, you are the man!! thank you so much!

looking forward to FINALLY after researching the LS1 for years being a part of the club

ps. it's a black SS, and i've had a SERIOUS weak spot for those for as long as i can remember.