Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Motor?

My headlight is stuck up. Not sure if the motor is bad or if it's the gears. How can I tell. I know where to get the metal gears but where can I pick up a headlight motor and what the part # is for the motor.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Uno99
My headlight is stuck up. Not sure if the motor is bad or if it's the gears. How can I tell. I know where to get the metal gears but where can I pick up a headlight motor and what the part # is for the motor.

Sounds like the motor is bad, if not electrical, I had a gear wear out and it still went up and down, just made a loud buzzing when I turned them on and off. If your going to swap the motor I would definetly get the metal gear if you have the money, because eventually it will wear out.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

check to see if you have power going to the motor.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

Need more details. Is it only one that stays up while the other goes up and down? do you hear a buzzing sound (which is an indication of a worn out gear)? If it doesn't buzz, does it move even a tiny bit? I had one that would stayed stuck up so I manually lowered it a bit because it was jammed and sprayed some WD40 and some grease on the headlight's leverage arm and problem solved. If you're not getting any movement or buzzing from the motor then my guess would be that the motor is no good. Just take apart the headlight assembly and disconnect the leverage arm that's connected to the motor and turn your lights on and off. if the motor operates then either you need to slap some grease and WD40 on the leverage arms or/and don't over tighten nuts. I messed up my brass gears and motor by over tightening the screw that uses a tork 30 wrench for one side and a 10mm wrench for its nut. It put to much of a strain on my motor when it would go up and down. I swear I'll never buy anoher car that has flip up lights. It's been a major pain in my *** for the past years.