Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE. PLEASE Help!!! FAST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PLEASE. PLEASE Help!!! FAST!!!

I'm trying to get my car back together this afternoon but I can't get out a bearing! It the bearing pressed into the tranny side of the crank. It's about an inch in diameter and won't come out at all. I've used heat fabbed up something with a body puller but can't get it to budge! I'm replacijg the clutch and need to replace this bearing also so how do I get it out? Thank you for any suggestions!
Old 02-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Teching In

The clutch pilot bearing? If this is only a bushing and not a bearing, you could drill out the id. It will become weaker as it gets thinner. Be carefull to not get into the crank though.

If its a bearing, as a desperate measure, you could use a punch and break it apart. Wear safety glasses!

Also, when you are heating - heat the crank and try not to get the bearing as much. Put ice on the bearing to shrink it.

Good luck - take your time
Old 02-13-2005, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks! I Think It Is the pilot bearing. i know not to heat the bearing it self up but never thought about ice, thanks I'll go try that now! Thanks again!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:14 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before you touch it with a drill bit, go to autozone and rent an slide hammer with a pilot bearing puller tool!!

it goes inside of the pilot bearing and then you turn it. it expands and grabs the backside of the bearing, then you attatch it to the slide hammer and yank the bloody hell out of it untill it comes out!

after you get done, you bring it back to autozone and they give you all your money back.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys I finally got it oput with out causing any harm! But thank you all!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

another old trick, is to pack it full of bearing grease. Then take your clutch alignment tool, put it into the bearing, and smack the end of the tool with a mallet or hammer. The pressure usually pops the bearing out.