Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake question

On SLP's site they have their LS6 intake for '98-'00 f-bodies for $499...for the '97-'00 Vette's it's only $399. My question, will the one for the Vette fit on my car? I would assume so since they're both LS1's. I don't need an EGR provision. I've found several of these intakes for around $300-$325 here in the classifieds. Might as well buy one new for a few bucks more.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

You don't have to buy a new one. A used one is just as good as a new one. You just have to make sure it's an LS6 one that's all. Make sure the under side of it is flat and your all set. If you must though, there are plenty of other sponsors to buy from on here.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I asked the same question about a year ago. It seems nuts that the SLP unit is priced so high. They can do it, basically because of the name. Also, if you have a '98-'00 you need to have the EGR set-up they offer (exclusivly to the best of my knowledge), unless you want to delete that option on your car. Most people seem to, but I don't know what the affects of it are on gas miliage and emissions. I posted a WTB ad here on site for specifically an SLP LS6 intake manifold, and had 2 responces within like 4 hours. Maybe give that a shot.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm figuring I can buy a new one with the coolant lines for $400, I might as well do it. Used intake for $300, coolant lines for $40...might as well get a new one I guess?

EAD has them for $399.99 with everything included. I think I'll just snag one from them, unless someone else has them cheaper.

What I really wanted to know is if there is a difference b/w the manifold for the C5 and the one for the f-body?

Thanks guys.