Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

outside door panel question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question outside door panel question

i had my door panels replaced about a year ago because of wreck and the shop glued the panel on. well, the glue has let go now. is this how it is normally done? i would hope not but if it is what glue should i use to stick it back on and if not how should i do this? thanks.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Not sure. Every car I've owned the door panels were held on by clips. I'd be pissed!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Teching In

believe me i am not a happy camper.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Regular

Are you talking about the whole door panel? Or a piece of molding along the outside of the door (didn't notice if you have a camaro or pontiac...I know the pontiacs have the strip of molding.). If you're talking about the molding, then yes..it's just glued on. If your talking about the whole door itself...being glued on just doesn't sound right to me.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kenafin_02TA
Are you talking about the whole door panel? Or a piece of molding along the outside of the door (didn't notice if you have a camaro or pontiac...I know the pontiacs have the strip of molding.). If you're talking about the molding, then yes..it's just glued on. If your talking about the whole door itself...being glued on just doesn't sound right to me.
My Camaro is doing the same thing, I think he is talking about the outside of the door, that cover that is on the outside of it, I believe it is glued on.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My 94 did that and it had not been in a wreck. I mixed some good epoxy (stuff I had for glueing on golf heads) and poured it down the seam. Then I used some C clamps with some padding and held it together for a night. Be careful not to glue the padding to the door. Did this about 4 years ago and it's still holding. My 01 has not had this problem yet.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

My 94Z also had the same problem... I agree with Glennhl repair method!
Not sure if mine had been wrecked but nevertheless it came loose....
Old 02-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Teching In

it is the whole door panel on the outside. some of my friends have told me to jb weld it and use c-clamps to hold it untill it dries. i believe this should work. ill get a whole new door later down the line probably. thanks again