Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb with questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb with questions..

Im new to this site and Domestics in general. I just finished my Prelude with made over 400hp on its old setup and goin for more now after new injectors but im looking to get out of imports cause i have always wanted to do a V8. Really my question is Im looking for 99+ Trans Am. From my understanding the 99+ had the zo6 block and intake mani.? I wa trying to the best setup for stayin all motor with it. Shooting for about 475whp out of it. Is this possible without spray or FI? Any help would be great. Also are there any benefits of goin with a T/A then say an SS Camaro? Any help is awesome.
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum i figured it go here.

-ForcedHP
Old 02-28-2005, 01:39 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

read everything in my sig.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Teching In

thanks man.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:33 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

z06 has whats called an LS6 engine. 2001+ f-bodies (camaros/transams) got an ls1 engine with an LS6 intake manifold. SOME of the 2002's got the LS6 block but its really nothing special, just a little different oiling setup (windows between cylinders i'm pretty sure).

you can make crazy HP w/ these cars all motor if you want. you can do a big stroker motor (i've seen 450+ ci LS1 cars ) and the sky's the limit. to reach those numbers on stock cubes, you will need all the bolt-on's, some awesome heads and a VERY healthy camshaft, and even then it's going to be tough. you will also be upgrading many other parts of the car. the rear ends are NOTORIOUS for exploding, especially in the 6-speeds, mine did it on 245/50 street tires having never been to the track.

alot of guys on here build (or buy) a nice forged shortblock and throw a 150 shot on it, gets things moving along pretty nicley.

dont base your decision for an f-body around if it has an ls6 intake or not, its not that big of a deal, and they can usually be found for about 300 bux on this site. you will find the year specific details in JRP's sig.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

benifits over the body - its just looks so your decision on that one

Z06 block and intake - no, its called LS6 block and intake, f-bodys didnt get the intake manifold untill 01, and not all got the LS6 block (there was some confusion at the production plant and some f-bodys got the ls6 block)

475HP w/o FI or N2O - easy, get LTs, true duals, heads and cam, computer tuning, pretty much all the bolt ons, and this is up to you but im planing on building a 383 stroker

diffentaly read JRP's information in his sig, and check out the sponsers ------>

good luck
Old 02-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Teching In

thanks for the help guys i appreciate it