New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood not fitting right

Old 03-02-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood not fitting right

I recently put a ws6 hood on my ta ( an oem one) and everything except one side fits fine. The side that is messed up sticks up about 1/2" above the fender, but its not the WHOLE side sticking up its more around the front of the hood where it gets bad. I adjusted the rubber things up and down and didnt work, is there anything else that will make it fit right?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Restricted User

Sounds like the exact same problem everyone seems to have. I did. Here's what I did.

1 - set opposite side bumper so that hood sits perfectly lined up on it...then set the offending side bumper all the way down so the hood can't possibly touch it. Then lower the latching mechanism (not the loop on the hood, but the mechanism on the car) so that the hood has to be pushed down fairly hard to close. This should cause the hood to "warp" because when closed, the opposite side bumper would be, in a way, applying upward force and forcing the offending side down and thus making it closer to lining up. On my car after a moth in the summer sun, i'm fairly convinced it had a permanent effect, because the hood became much easier to close (I was able to reset the bumpers to normal eventually).

2 - since the above process didn't make the hood line up perfectly, i loosened the fender, bumper cover, and headlight skin bolts and raised each one the 1/8th inch or so needed to make everything line up perfectly. Now it looks great.

Good luck. It's a tricky process.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice Blackbird, I might actually try that...

I'll let you know how it goes, also how do you lower the hood latch?

Ok, I just did whta you said to do w/ teh latch and stuff, it worked man, thanks a lot!

Last edited by BlackTA98 LS1; 03-03-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Restricted User

Glad it worked for you too. Enjoy the new look...I know everyone around you will.

Search this Thread