New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty Engine!!!

Old 03-31-2005, 02:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty Engine!!!

Guys, with my recent mods, I am popping my hood open often now and very please to show off whats listed on my signature. But I am not too happy about why my engine keeps on getting dirty. It's a weird dirty though, if you know what I mean, I noticed my oil cap is leaking a tad and that may be the cause, its like a film of oil base mix with road crap. My question is what is a good way to clean my engine besides a GM Steam clean that will run me $120. Is there anything at pep boys that can help me dress the engine up better!?!?!?!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check the Sticky at the top of the Appearance and Detailing Section for the Proper Cleaning of the LSx Engine Bay. Has everything you would probably want to know.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just use some purple power or simple green and do it when the engine is cold. I spray it on the engine and let it get the grease loose for about 30 sec to a min. The I crank the car and rinse it off while the car is running before the engine gets hot. It seems to work pretty good. I never wash the engine when the car is hot.

Search this Thread