New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feel The Vibration!!!!!!

Old 04-09-2005, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Feel The Vibration!!!!!!

I just installed my Poly trans mount.....I knew they were notorious for transferring vibration but, HOLY CRAP!! People weren't kidding!! Does it loosen up after a while or did I just install a vibrating chair in my car??? Always wanted a deep tissue massage, but this isn't what I had in mind!
Old 04-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Banned

I had a poly trans mount in my Trans Am there was to much vibration. I went back to stock! I dont know if it gets smoother over time!
Old 04-09-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2kta--89formula
I just installed my Poly trans mount.....I knew they were notorious for transferring vibration but, HOLY CRAP!! People weren't kidding!! Does it loosen up after a while or did I just install a vibrating chair in my car??? Always wanted a deep tissue massage, but this isn't what I had in mind!
It does get loud once you get on the gas, but it's better then breaking the oem part then getting thumping sound from the bottom of the car. I too was surprised that the poly mount is so loud. Some posters have said the noise will be less after more break in time. The sound can be used as a reminder that you are going too fast.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeh after i hit about...110..i feel tremors through the wheel since the change in mounts..but it don't bother me that much...it feels alot more solid...and its gradually getting better ive put about 8,000 miles on my prothane mount..
Old 04-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

What speed are you getting vibrations at? I put mine on (prothane mount) a couple weeks ago and no problems. But I haven't gone over 80 with it yet, but I did drive from NJ to buffalo a day after putting it on.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Punch the gas pedal over 80mph you will feel the vibrations. No biggy just an indecation that you're going way too fast. You may be one of the lucky ones who from the get go, the poly mount is vibration free. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kungfuteabag
What speed are you getting vibrations at? I put mine on (prothane mount) a couple weeks ago and no problems. But I haven't gone over 80 with it yet, but I did drive from NJ to buffalo a day after putting it on.
Great looking Camaro.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Staging Lane

Great looking Camaro.
Same to you!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Poly is bad! OEM good!

sorry, I work in a proto-type testing lab for rubber bushings. The rubber oem's are the way to go

but maybe i'm just a little baised
Old 04-10-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
Poly is bad! OEM good!

sorry, I work in a proto-type testing lab for rubber bushings. The rubber oem's are the way to go

but maybe i'm just a little baised
Don't baby the Camaro and you will have scond thoughts on rubber tranny mounts for the Camaro. Really though, rubber mounts are good but when you take hard launches from a stop or add mods, you will break the rubber tranny mounts. Plus with the rubber mounts, no vibrations - you don't know what you're missing.... poly mounts; your very own.... slow the hell down...... you're going to fast.....alarm. But really though after awhile the poly mounts vibration is all not that bad.

Search this Thread