Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know???

I had my driver side power window fixed and when I got my car back I realized that my radio does not shut off when I open my door to get out like it did before. There must be a sensor they didnt hook up?? I dont want to take my car back to these idiots if I dont have to. I tried to post this a couple times with no luck....please help! Thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Take the car back to them and stand by as they look for the problem. In the end this will save you lots of money, because they know which wires they messed with and what to look for. I say this because I had a similar experiance, my car used to downshift, upshift like a beast when I just got the car. Then I took it to get the transmission oil changed -along with other fluids- and when I got it back the hardcore shifts were not their. So I called these guys idiots and just decided to spend more money and take it to the gm dealer and have them find what the other mechanics did so they can fix it. Well after 600 dollars gm found nothing. They said everything looked and shifted normal, but that was not the answer I was looking for. Had I took it back to the shop I first took it too, they would have fixed what they took off or left unplugged.

Im telling you what I would do and my experiance with shops. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah. 2 cars before this. I had a 95 TA convertible. it had this problem since i swapped out its cassette player with a 98+ cd player. Does your dome light come on when you open the door? because theyre on the same sensor i believe. When they fixed that sensor for my dome light it also cured the stereo shut off.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the dome light and see if it is indeed that switch. also, try manually pressing the switch in and out and see if it fixes/does anything.

the door isnt hard to pull apart if you really dont want to bring it back to them. there is a few screws to take loose, and then you just pull straight up on the door panel, toward the top of the glass. it just pops loose. make sure you pull the buttons and stuff loose first though
Old 04-12-2005, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys...i will check the dome light when i get off work.....I not sure.....I should have took the car to the dealer the first time( I have an after market warranty that paid for the repair but I figured this was a simple job so I took to a place next to my work..big mistake) I know they ran into problems because I dropped the car off at 10.30am and they were still working on in at 7pm when i got off work......I got a real bad feeling about this...lol......I will check the dome light and post back.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

OK...I checked the dome light.....it does go on and off when i open the door????? any ideas?
Old 04-13-2005, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

hmm...try your passenger door too. if that doesn't work, then its something probably up with the stereo. might want to have someone look at it. past this i have no idea.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

it does work on the passanger side door.....weird......i assume the people who fixed the driver window screwed it up somehow.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok, so its somewhere between the door and the stereo, but its not the stereo...that helps
Old 04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

I think it is inside the door....I know they f..cked something up when they had it apart.....
Old 04-13-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

cool, ya gonna go rip em a new one?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

you know it...lol..they are complete idiots...it just sucks that i have to spend time that i dont have to deal with this crap...but i guess it happens.