New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two mods checked off the List

Old 04-13-2005, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two mods checked off the List

Well two mods down, how many more to go I don't know. Does it ever really end? Just put on the SLP Lid with K&N filter and SLP strut tower brace is sitting in the back seat going on in the morning. My buddy is trading in his Z for a pickup. So free mods for me. Thanks Jason. We did a 5 min swap at lunch, he took my stocker and gave me his. So, that saved me some money that will go towards the next mod. The next mod I think will be a Magnaflow catback. I really need to replace the speakers. Right front is blown and sitting in the floor board and the left front is fixing to join it.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are your goals with the car?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:25 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might want to look around www.ls1sounds.com if you're trying to decide on exhaust
Old 04-13-2005, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Goals: I'm not looking for a 9 sec ride out of this car. In fact it will probably never see the track. Probably just do the normal bolt ons. But you know how it goes once you start.
I've been checking out Ls1 sounds for sometime now. I have one bud that has the magnaflow and another that has GMMG. I like them both but for the price I think I'll go with the magnaflow over the GMMG.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:04 AM
That's what she said...

good luck with your mods! hope you dont catch the mod bug, but if you do, i hope you have the funds to keep up with it (unlike me )

btw - how do you like that z06 clutch kit? i think i'm going to be getting one along with all new hydro's from SDPC, my car hates to shift gears at anything over 3k rpms anymore i would get a spec clutch, but my flywheel is toast and cant be turned again. i plan on using this new setup untill the z06 clutch goes south, then turn the flywheel and throw on a spec 3 w/ a shimmed slave. my current setup DOESNT have the slave shimmed, and the flywheel is already turned , if i only knew then what i know now
Old 04-13-2005, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Well the only problem I've had with the clutch is when my wife was driving. We where sitting at a red light where shortly after the light it turns from two to one lane. And of course you get those that pull into the short lane thinking they'll get the jump and beat everyone. Well there we where sitting at this light no one behind me and a guy comes flying to a stop beside of us in an old pickup in the short lane. You can see hes watching the light, looking to get the jump. My dumbass makes the mistake of telling my wife you better not let them beat you. So, the light turns green my wife revs it to about 4 grand and HALF way dumps the clutch, and punchs it. Smokes the **** out of the clutch, scared the hell out of me and the guy in the truck next to us and still beats him out. After the smell of burnt clutch finally was out of the car, everything seemed fine still hooks up great and goes. And needless to say I will never tell my wife to not let someone beat her off the light again.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS Goblin
Goals: I'm not looking for a 9 sec ride out of this car. In fact it will probably never see the track. Probably just do the normal bolt ons. But you know how it goes once you start.
That's what I told myself when i got the car about four years ago. Now I'm pissed off because I only ran 12.2 and my "short list" of mods for the near future is a torque arm, maybe LCA's, LS6 intake, pullies, gears and more weight reduction.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

COOL!! gotta love free mods
Old 04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

i assume that 12.2 was without the cam...cause if not
Old 04-13-2005, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 777
i assume that 12.2 was without the cam...cause if not
WITH the cam. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/304675-ms3-343-rwhp-12-2-111-what-s-going.html

To the topic starter: Before you know it, this will be you. Once you start, you just can't stop!!
Old 04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

a4 cars are wierd...but you definatly need to get something worked out...those are LOW numbers...i hope you find the problem soon for your sake...so you can be

Search this Thread