Sponsored by:

First Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
bsm
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mods

I Am New To This Game 01 Ta Ws6 Conv. M6 What Would Be The Best First Mods That You Think I Should Perform On The Car I Just Built A New Garage To Work On This I Wont To Get Started I Mean It Works Good But I Need More One Thing Ilive In A Small Town With A Ford Dealer Plus A Freind He Has A New Mustang Should I Be Afraid
Old 04-19-2005, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the search button. It's located in the upper right section of the page. Select advanced search, then search within "new ls1 owners and enthusiasts", hold ctrl and select external engine as well. Enter "free" into the search queary box. Search titles only. Read. Then ask questions if you have seomthing more specific. Be afraid only if it's a supercharged 03/04 cobra.

Your results should look something like this
https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1522106

Also read the stickies at the top of the forum.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Start with a Lid (SLP, whisper, texas speed, etc.) & air filter (K&N or Holley), and a catback exhaust. I heard a ASP underdrive pulley is good, so I might get one soon. BTW, there's a forum for Canadians at the bottom of the main page (if you haven't seen it yet).
Old 04-19-2005, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Repeat the above procedure for first mods. And read the stickies. And read any/all links applicable to you in any way that are in JRP's sig.

Edit: Sorry, I got it backwards. I thought you asked about free mods? In any case search for both free and first.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:42 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by bsm
I Am New To This Game 01 Ta Ws6 Conv. M6 What Would Be The Best First Mods That You Think I Should Perform On The Car I Just Built A New Garage To Work On This I Wont To Get Started I Mean It Works Good But I Need More One Thing Ilive In A Small Town With A Ford Dealer Plus A Freind He Has A New Mustang Should I Be Afraid
do not fear the mustang. do not fear any car.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Launching!

My first mod was exhaust, cuz my car had the whisper lid on it when I bought it. I changed the lid though because it was all cracked and broken and wouldnt seal right. So I got the MTI clear lid and K&N filter to fix that, and the clear lid looks awesome!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

A good idea is to to buy a rear end first. If you are not planning to mod your car to much a lid and catback are good mods.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

def the lid....i have the tsp one personally. But i would for exhaust do what i did and go for true duals...then he will be asking how afraid he should be of your car when he hears it