New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things to look for in a used ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things to look for in a used ls1?

Hey guys. I totaled out the my LT1 a few weeks ago. I found a really nice 00 TA in my area. I am going to be checking it out this Sunday. Is there any certain things that i should be looking for? It has about 50k on it and he told me it was NOT moddem. Now, the thing is that its a m6. Well, I dont know how to drive one YET!! I am having someone go with me to drive it and tell me what they think of the gears/etc.

So, is there anything that I should look/listen for? Anything to tell the person that is gonna take the car for a spin??
Old 05-06-2005, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

yes!!! listen to the rear of the car for a loud airplain engine like sound..a bunch of **** was snapped in my rear end and the back of my car when i got it but luckily warr fixed that..so listen you will be able to tell...make sure it is unmodded and look for **** like drill holes up on the panels of the car..i also found those witch showed me he had tachs in his car..i couldve got my car much cheaper if i wouldve payed more attention...if he is stupid to check for his tread wear on his tire of course haha
Old 05-06-2005, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search around. There are LOT of threads about this. There was just one on the front page the past day or two.

Edit: Here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/315752-inspecting-used-ls1-tips.html

This is about two thirds of the way down the front page right now. Check it out.

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 05-06-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Search around. There are LOT of threads about this. There was just one on the front page the past day or two.

Edit: Here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315752

This is about two thirds of the way down the front page right now. Check it out.
the man speaks the truth