Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TA owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TA owner

Just bought a 2002 TA LS1. Looking for street options, great car. Looking on where to begin? I read some posts to start with the lid and go from there....Recomendations from the experts please!!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

welcome
Old 11-13-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats! You have in your hands a very powerful car, but soon you will get used to that and will want more (dont we all do?) I would advise to you to consider some subframe connectors (SFC) as one of your first mods, if not the first. Why? These cars are weak ,structurally speaking, with the addition of mods the under body will twist in time causing wrinks in the rear fenders, misaligning t-tops, dask squeaks/rattles, etc. The SFC will keep everything tied up nicely. You will feel the difference!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome! Yes, I'd start with a lid then move on to freeing up the rest of the intake and the exhaust. Email me if you have any questions jason@katechengines.com
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd start with a lid, then get SFC and possibly a strut tower brace that helps suspension a tad. From there I'd save up a bit and do all my exhaust at once (headers, orx, maybe cutout.) All of this is subject to change, but that's my mod plan in it's infancy. I really should worry about getting my hands on an ls1 first, huh?

But, If all goes well I'll have it in 2 weeks!
Old 11-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Thanks, finding out the power for sure! WS6 package with this princess also. Time to start the project, thanks again for the replies!!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase
As for mods, you can do what I did with my WS6.
Lid (I got the SLP as it has the fitting for the AIR pump)
Catback (TSP Rumbler, it's cheap and sounds, IMO, pretty good)
3 point SFCs (got them from UMI on a GP)
Short shifter/hurst base (decided to do it cheaper than blowing $150 on an aftermarket one)
If yours in an A4, a stall would be good
Next up is Pacesetter headers, ory, and some N2O (100hp dry shot), and HP tuners to get rid of any codes and to hopefully learn how to tune the car
I figure this will be a pretty quick street car (and this is my DD BTW) without sacrificing reliability, and gas mileage
Add in the appearance mods and I think it'll be a pretty sweet WS6 when it's all done
Good luck with yours
Old 11-16-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome

These are fun cars, on the street and strip. Depends on what your plans are with it and how much power you want.

It's almost neverending once you start modifying them. I still have quite a few things to do to mine down to a complete motor rebuild forged.

You found the right place with the best info on the web.