New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firebird/ TA interior differences?

Old 11-25-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firebird/ TA interior differences?

I'm going about 175 miles to buy one on saturday but I want to see one locally first to know what its like on the inside. Are there any differences in the interior of the car or rear view mirrors or blind spots and stuff?

Need answer asap.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,458 Likes on 1,051 Posts

You mean Firebird vs. Trans AM? The layout is the same, only main difference is that leather is standard in '98 and up T/As and you could still get cloth as an option in the 'birds.

Other differences would be due to options. Such as, Custom Bucket seats with Lumbar support, CD player, tape player, or CD changer with tape player, TCS (traction control) button, and if you're comparing a V6 'bird to a Trans Am, then you're going to get slightly different gages as well (higher MPH speedo). Plus I think the V6 cars still had the non-leather shifter handle and steering wheel.

Also year makes a difference. '98-'00 had a different (better IMO) rearview mirror than '01/'02. Vision out the rear window will be a little better on the Firebird due to the lack of the high deck spolier found on Trans Ams.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might want to keep your eye out for the presence or lack of a TCS (Traction Control) switch if thats a feature you want.

As for blind spots I felt like there was a huge one first time I drove the car , but I'm just short and its a bitch for me to check out the back window. I think this is one of the easiest cars I've ever driven though in terms of judging where the front and back end.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, I just test drove it. I love the look but it's got larger blindspots than my corolla which is pretty much all windows all around.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Launching!

I bet its also alot more fun than your corolla.
Are ya buying it?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:02 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mpe488
Thanks, I just test drove it. I love the look but it's got larger blindspots than my corolla which is pretty much all windows all around.
Yeah, but a Corolla is pretty much slow all around, too, where a Trans Am isn't. You're not going to get more bang for the buck out of any other car than you will out of a LS1.

You get used to the blind spots, you just have to be careful.

Search this Thread