Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle issues

It seems as if sometimes my car is trying to search for a correct rpm. Also, my car sometimes stays in a cruise control mode, where when I let my foot off the gas, the rpms do not come down. I used search and didnt get any info to help me with this issue. One thing I did replace was the TPS too. I am going to take it to autozone to check the service engine light code.

Any ideas what is causing this problem?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2005, 12:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Do you actually have an SES light at the moment? If so, definitaly start with checking that.

Otherwise, lots of things can cause idle issues like yours. IAC motor bad/IAC pintle or bore dirty/clogged, bad/dirty MAF or other sensors, vacuum leak (via intake, air bellow, EGR, EVAP, PCV, etc.). Hard to tell without knowing what you may have already tried/checked. It would also help if you had access to a scanner that would give you info like fuel trims.

See what code you're getting first. Next, I'd try to put a stock MAF back on the car if you can get one. And if you're using an oil based filter (K&N, Holley) I'd clean the MAF wires (using electric parts cleaner and Q-tip, being VERY gentle with the wires) and go back to a paper air filter as well.

Last edited by RPM WS6; 11-27-2005 at 12:19 PM.