Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Induction and programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction and programming

I have a stock 2002 WS6 and am thinking about adding the SLP flow pac and SLP mass air flow sensor, high flow cats, y-pipe and GMMG exhaust. Before throwing alot of money out for all of this, is there much difference in performance by adding the SLP flow pac and/or MAF sensor?? I do not want to mod the car much, just what I listed above and a power programmer. Have you guys noticed much difference in adding any of these mods or do you need to get down to more of a head, cam package before seeing any real hp gains? Thanks for any advice!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyones going to say don't go woth SLP Flow-Pac or their MAF. If you want an intake like the SLP, go with FTRA or SSRA. The stock MAF is fine, almost everyone will tell you it's a waste of money. If you don't hafta worry about emmisions then ditch the cats and get an ORY into the GMMG, it will sounds extremely badass.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I would do/did:
Forget the Flow Pac, MAF, and Y instead get the SLP lid (one lid is like any other choose one that you like and fits your budget) and the GMMG cat back.
The Y and hi flows will get you about 1-5 hp, not worth the expense IMO, the stock MAF is good to 500hp, so no need for that at the moment.
If you want to do the exhaust (other than the catback) get some headers (kooks, or QTP for the high $$$ end, or Pacesetters for the budget $$$ end), if you need the cats for emissions then get them, otherwise an off road Y will be alot cheaper
I noticed a SOTP difference with my lid and catback, and I'm going to expect more once I add the headers.
Good luck