New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Endless Argument between the Muscle Family.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Endless Argument between the Muscle Family.

Sup guys. I haven't been on lately but been reading a few forums from here and there. I have ran across one forum title was "Camaro Vs. Mustang"
This is probably a horrible place to post this but it was such a hot issue in the other forum I thought why not bring it here.
I dont understand why it is such a big issue but it has been for YEARS!! GM vs Ford. My own opinion, I have no respect for Ford. I think Ford is a joke considering its an "American Manufacturer"

Q: What is the better car overall.. Mustang ( any year) vs. Camaro/ TransAm?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Resident

My buddy has an 04' sonic blue GT M5, it handles nicely, is fun to drive, and gets a lot of atention from the laidies...

haveing said that I bought a camaro because i wanted to go really fast, not because i wanted people to think my car looks good.

I like fords... they give me something to kill every night.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

better overall.... Mustang. It's a good blend of civil looks, day to day driveability, and straight line power. Most people seem to like the exterior and interior more than the F-bodies.

The F-body is an enthusiasts car, its not as well rounded as the mustang. It's got a worse ride quality, and a cheaper interior and.... a whole lot more horsepower, and I LOVE it to death.

BTW this entire post with the exception of "and I love it to death," is just a summary of every professionally written mustang vs camaro review I have ever read
Old 12-27-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope ford keeps making better and better cars. I need something fast to drive when GM goes under. ha

On a serious note, why compare 2 cars based on brand loyalty alone, because thats all this argument will get into. Ignorant people who love only bowties, and their blue oval loving counterparts.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by First_Transam
Sup guys. I haven't been on lately but been reading a few forums from here and there. I have ran across one forum title was "Camaro Vs. Mustang"
This is probably a horrible place to post this but it was such a hot issue in the other forum I thought why not bring it here.
I dont understand why it is such a big issue but it has been for YEARS!! GM vs Ford. My own opinion, I have no respect for Ford. I think Ford is a joke considering its an "American Manufacturer"

Q: What is the better car overall.. Mustang ( any year) vs. Camaro/ TransAm?
Damn, for a second, I thought we had a smart newbie on our hands. Then I read the last few sentences.

EDIT: I'm just glad he didn't figure out how to make this a poll!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

There is no argument.Trans-Ams are the best.Everyone knows that.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 12-27-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mpe488
better overall.... Mustang. It's a good blend of civil looks, day to day driveability, and straight line power. Most people seem to like the exterior and interior more than the F-bodies.

The F-body is an enthusiasts car, its not as well rounded as the mustang. It's got a worse ride quality, and a cheaper interior and.... a whole lot more horsepower, and I LOVE it to death.

BTW this entire post with the exception of "and I love it to death," is just a summary of every professionally written mustang vs camaro review I have ever read
well said, mpe488.

that is truth, there.

i'll take the car with the shitty interior and a whole lot more horsepower!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

between my stang and my camaro, my camaro rides better and my T/A before the stang handled better too. the size makes the mustang seem a little more like a handling car but actually the fbody (at least from my experience) outhandled it. I will agree on the interior though. I definitely agree that the fbody is an enthusiasts car. The way your hand falls onto the shifter in an fbod is so nice compared to how it falls in a stang. a 5th gear shift is quite a reach in a mustang. but i do like the rear axle of a mustang. dont really have to worry about tearing it up like you do the GM 7.5 inch. i like the mustangs free-er flowing exhaust as well. I love the power plant of the fbody's, LS1 or LT1. I like the mach 1's and the 96 up cobras with the 4.6 DOHC as well, a very fun car to drive, especially the Mach 1's, gotta love the solid rear with the high revving motor. best all around i have to agree with mpe 488 as a daily driver, but as a fun car the fbody wins hands down. look at quarter mile time sheets and youll see why.

Last edited by Swang; 12-27-2005 at 10:29 PM. Reason: typo, forgot parenthesis
Old 12-27-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yeah and one more reason...T-tops.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I honestly like both, the reason i have the TA is because i've always wanted one, they looks awesome, but i wouldnt be ashamed to drive a mustang, and if it was my first car i'd be all about it, it would just be weird moving from an LS1 to a less horsepower car, minus the 03/04 cobras of course. Mustangs look nice, sound awesome, have decent interiors and good sound systems, if i could have any it would definatly be the 03/04 cobra, honestly if i had the money and didnt have this car i'd buy one.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

teh mustang is teh suck!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SERIALPIMP
teh mustang is teh suck!
does.. not.. compute..
Old 12-28-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ford LOvers are Gay... there i said it

john
Old 12-28-2005, 04:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Swang
oh yeah and one more reason...T-tops.
Some of the old Fox bodies had T-tops. They where ugly as hell but they had 'em.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've had two Mustangs and I don't understand why people say they have much better interiors than F-bodys. Seriously, the are both about the same in quality and ergonomics. F-bodys tend to have big clumsy "Playskool" switchgear, while the Stangs have minute, brittle, obscure switchgear. The seats in both suck. The Stangs shifter has horrible placement and the F-body dash is a collossal waste of space. Stangs have more road noise, but F-bodys develop more interior squeaks. It is nearly impossible to clean the glass on the F-body and the trim pieces on Stangs fade faster. Overall it's a wash interior-wise.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'd say both interiors are what one should expect from cars with base prices in the low 20's. They're both funtional and really don't have any major flaws. The only real complaint I have is the speakers. The dash isn't really 'wrong', it's just the way it is.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

Everyone saying that the Mustang has a better interior is nuts. Have you guys ever sat in one, or even looked at one? I know the F-body doesnt have the best interior but its much better then a Mustang. The Mustang feels like your in a school bus, you sit too high. It does not give you the feel that your in a sports car at all. The shifter placement, the dash that was designed for right and left hand drive looks like crap. The spray painted surfaces that dont match up. Im not praising the F-body interior by anymeans, theres lots of things I dont like about it, but when you sit in one you actually feel like your in a performance orientated car. Which is why I bought my "performance orientated" car. That said, you cant just say which car is better, If that was the case then the mustang would win hands down. The sales speak for the majority of peoples opinions on which is better.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Launching!

I had a 2000GT and I can honestly say that it wasn't that bad of a car. The main reason why its a better daily driver IMO is the fact that you can run 87 octane. Other than that I prefer my GMs and all their sqeeks and rattles any day. Here is a list of my complaints about my Mustang.

1. 4x4 ride height. With a 2" drop it looked justed right but from factory it was up there.
2. Shifter. I had a pulled muscle in my back one time and shifting into 5th was a royal pain. It is just to far forward.
3. Cup holder. What brilliant engineer thought that it was ok to put a cup holder right behind the shifter. I had to be very careful with my shifting or I would crush the cup and get junk all over. They fixed this in 01+ models though.
4. Seat positioning. I felt like I was getting pushed out of the seat most of the time. Its to high for a performance car. Plus the leather is way worse than GM's IMO.
5. Electronics. I had to lemon law the thing because the TPS would flake out and cause the car to stall when slowing down to turn sometime. I was ok because I am strong enough to turn the wheel when the power was gone but it almost put my wife and kid into a ditch. After that it was gone.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

There are too many of these around. No need for another one. Especially here.