Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner, question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner, question

Ok i bought a 2000 camaro a few weeks ago. i took it to a track one week and ran a 14.0 at 103.7 with 2.3 60 fts. witch i guess is about right. it needs a tune up pretty bad still looks liek stock wires on it with 89000 miles. i went back the next week to try to work on getting my 60 fts down and when i pulled up to do my burn out. it bogged down really bad and a ABS INOP light came on on my dash. It didnt do this the week befor. whats the light mean? did i break somehting? it bogged down when i took off the line. and i ended up doing a 14.4. i jsut parked it cuz i really didnt wanna break anythign. the light stayed on till i turned the car off and back on. its an auto by the way.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ABS INOP light is a normal result of doing a burnout, the bogging might have been due to the traction control kicking in, tho I assume you turned it off (or don't have it)
As for why It didn't do it the first time, I can't say, but mine will sometimes set it and sometimes it won't :shrug:
If you want to get traction, get a set of DRs, and have at it
Old 01-22-2006, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

i dont have traction control. no switch at least. like the others i test drove had. is it also normal for it to do a one wheel some times? like the first time i staged up it only sup one wheel so i let out and hit it again and they both spun. does this also happen to others?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Sounds like your posi's fucked no?
Old 01-22-2006, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

i hope not, but it only does it some time. i think maybe its jsut the burn out pad there. its not the best track. because it only does it there. its never done it anywhere else
Old 01-22-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

when you burn out in your auto put it in first or second gear and hold the rpms between 3k and 5k. i doubt you broke anything, check you rear brake pads and e-brake n make sure that is all kosher. id be willing to bet thats the problem
Old 01-22-2006, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

i do have a pretty bad squeak. but the pads look good. and it sounds from the front. i jsut gotta get time to pull them apart and look at it. i jsut dont see why it bogged so bad could my car have trac. control with no switch? how could i tell?
Old 01-22-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by estegeme
i do have a pretty bad squeak. but the pads look good. and it sounds from the front. i jsut gotta get time to pull them apart and look at it. i jsut dont see why it bogged so bad could my car have trac. control with no switch? how could i tell?
if there is no switch then you dont have asr. you may have fouled your plugs when you bogged your engine. you can always use a plug change! wouldnt hurt anything
Old 01-22-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

sounds like your posi is going out. only one wheel spinning. I had the same thing happening to me, and ended up being the rear end. I said screw it and bit the bullet and got the 12 bolt.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

i only have an auto i dont see the point in a 12 bolt. ill never see that much power.

and also. my check engien light came on tongiht, is there anyway to pull the codes on these with out going to auto zone? like the old paper clip trick or anythign liek that?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=estegeme]i only have an auto i dont see the point in a 12 bolt. ill never see that much power.

What did you just say? I do not understand? Trust me! You want that much power!!!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

yea i want that much power, but thatll be a while, collage another car im still have to sell, i dont jsut wanna work jsut to have my car. its fast enough for now exhaust and wheels will be soon but thatll be it for a long while