Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help me out with solving unwanted noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question please help me out with solving unwanted noises

ok I have posted on here with this issue and noone really gave me a awnser but i now have more info on my problem and im also more worried. ok before i was having the issue where in 3rd+ gears if i was low in the rpms like 1500rpm and i would tap the gas sorta i would get this rattle/clinking noise under the hood/front of car area. couldnt figure it out or why i would have this noise, so today for the first time sense its been so cold i had my t's off and took it out on lunch break for a joy ride on some long open roads. well as soon as i go to pull the car hard once i got above around 4500rpm rattle rattle clinky clinky that noise is there. never noticed it in high rpms, that and i dont usually open my car up much so i never knew i had the noise in high rpms as well. so know im trying to figure our whats wrong, detantation perhaps, i run 93octane and my last tank of gas i threw in octane booster just to try and see if it would help. could my injectors or fuel filter be cloged and causeing me not to get enough fuel but then why would it make the nosie at low low cruiseing rpms, i dunno it could even be external but i got no idea, please someone gimme an idea to go on or if someone in jersey, im in woodbridge, could help out a local f-body buddy hehe shoot me a reply

Last edited by rgaynor85; 01-30-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is normally agaist my religion to help anyone with a bunny in there sig, but lets give it a crack shall we?
what you are discibing does not sound like detonation.
couple of questions to help trouble shoot...

1. does the noise change with speed or rpm?
2. can you duplicate the noise reving out of gear?
3. does the noise continue at speed if you take your foot off the gas?
4. is the noise metalic or more of a dull thud?
5. is it better or worse in a turn?
6. has there been a noticable loss in power?

answer those and i think we can help more...
Old 02-01-2006, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks here take a look at this i had a guy scan my car with hptuners heres what weve come up with https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/445950-ping-stock-tune.html