In need of advice...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:51 PM
317indy

Default In need of advice...

Which car would you rather pick?

1997 QuickSilver Chevrolet Camaro SS with an M6, Power Everything, 76k $8500

1998 Arctic White Pontiac Trans Am with an A4, Power Everything, 84k $8900

Could someone list some pro's and cons...Besides the opti...
Old 01-30-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

97 cons: Opti

lol.. joking.

Honestly, I fully believe that the LS1 is superior in every way to the LT1. I would pick the 98 hands down. I will surely get flamed for this, but I see the LT1 as just another iron chevy. Its ugly to look at under the hood even, lol (to me).

I wouldnt think twice.

Last edited by glitch77; 01-30-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah ls1 all the way
Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Resident

I've had both...

Go with the LS1, you wont regret it.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Depends on what it's for. If it's mainly for track use, or a daily driver w/ a lot of track use, the LS1 is going to be the best bet, period. If it's just a daily driver, and you can live with a manual in traffic on a daily basis, the LT1 might be a good choice. Some people probably think I'm weird, but I'd recommend an LT1 over an LS1 to a lot of people who are looking for a fun car that they'll only drive around town. The LT1, like everyone knows, has that dramatic, quick torque curve that makes it feel more powerful than the LS1, even though it isn't. It won't be faster than the LS1, but unless you're racing someone or doing a run down the 1/4 you might not know the difference. The LS1 makes GREAT power, don't get me wrong, but it really shines in the 4000-5500 RPM range, and if you're driving around town, how many times can you realistically see that RPM window, unless you're flooring it at every stoplight? The LT1's 2400 RPM torque peak, on the other hand, is right in that sweet spot for normal everyday driving. So if you're just looking for something that is fun to drive, fast, and you don't necessarily care about racing people stoplight to stoplight or drag racing that much, the LT1 could be a great choice.

Aside from that, I really like the LT1 SS's. They look real mean, especially with a nice set of rims and a slight 1" drop. Not to mention an LT1 sounds great through a nice exhaust sstem.

The LS1 though is more refined than the LT1, and *should* be a more reliable engine (both engines are well-built though). It idles smoother, makes more power, and gets better gas mileage. Plus of course, you don't have to worry about the Opti-spark.