Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default this possible?

I have a 1993 Camaro and its only a v-6 and i want a v-8 now. I dont have enough money to buy one that is in good shape, so i was wondering if I could buy a wrecked one and what body parts that are need on the LS1 body. I have a complete car. Is this possible? Or would it be better to put the LS1 stuff and put it on the 93?? THanks
Old 02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCott5
I have a 1993 Camaro and its only a v-6 and i want a v-8 now. I dont have enough money to buy one that is in good shape, so i was wondering if I could buy a wrecked one and what body parts that are need on the LS1 body. I have a complete car. Is this possible? Or would it be better to put the LS1 stuff and put it on the 93?? THanks

Unless you do all the labor yourself and you know what you are doing it would be cheaper to get a Camaro with the V8 already in it and sell the V6.

Heck even if you broke even I would sell the V6 and buy a Camaro with an LT1 or LS1.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Unless you do all the labor yourself and you know what you are doing it would be cheaper to get a Camaro with the V8 already in it and sell the V6.

Heck even if you broke even I would sell the V6 and buy a Camaro with an LT1 or LS1.
i agree, with conversions of anykind there are many unforseeable problems, save your money and get the best, i wait 4 years and went through 4 pos beaters before i was in the situation to buy my Z. im glad i waited instead of getting something sub-par and wasting a bunch of money on it
Old 02-07-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok.. thanks guys.