Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SS vs Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS vs Z28

Can anyone explain what makes the difference? I belive the car is setup the exact same execpt the hood and wing? Other than that what is different. Because im finding a lot of z28's with the SS hood and w/e and they look great and a cheaper than a car that is truely a SS? I know the ss's will get more resale value but im not worried about that i just want to go fast and look great doing it
Old 03-16-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

do a search on this, but the simple is the ram air hood, the rear spoiler, the badgin, the suspension and just knowin you have a real SS is awesome. if your lookin at a camaro and they say its an SS check the RPO code list on the drivers side door and if there's a code WU8 it's a real SS. trust me it's worth having an SS but thats just me, find one thats really rare and you'll smile more
Old 03-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the help, i knew about the code and the hode,spolier but i didnt know if anything else. IDK i would love to find a SS but im looking for one and so far all im finding (around my area) is Really high milage SS's and z-28's. The thing that its getting me is that i could save $3-4k with just buying a low milage z-28 m6 w/ SS hood and spoiler and because im going to redo suspension and new rims its almost not worth just buying the SS. Yea sure it would be great to have an SS but then again i plan on shaving the emblems and getting the car repainted. And because the engine is the same i will be going fast either way
Old 03-16-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Get a Z-28 then. I personally love the fact that I have a true SS and everyone just drools over my car. Today I took it for a spin (it is completely stock) and I had people in their yards turning around and watching me drive by as far as they could see. This is the first car I have owned that gets this kind of response from being totally stock. I love it!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

IMO if your planing on putting miles on it save the money and get a Z28 essentially the same thing. either way people will probally drool over your car. I got a T/A with a ram air hood and rims and people ask all the time "is that a WS6?" im honest and say NO but they still drool and give me credit for doing a good job fixing the car up
Old 03-16-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Yep, compliments are the best!

SS or Z28, youll be happy
Old 03-16-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

z28 and an ss are the same stuff, the ss were overprice specialy the 35th aniversary you would spend a couple of grand for a stripe kit and some paperwork that said 35th ss, wow, i beat gm said lets see if these sukers fall for it, dont get me wrong ss look badass, it basicaly just the spoiler and the hood and suspension, wow, everyone changes that when they get there car anyway, gm just put a badge on them and sold them overpriced thats it, and z28 are the original oldschool camaro, back in the day the z28 was the top dog,
Old 03-16-2006, 08:11 PM
11 Second Club

SS's also had PS Coolers.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
Get a Z-28 then. I personally love the fact that I have a true SS and everyone just drools over my car. Today I took it for a spin (it is completely stock) and I had people in their yards turning around and watching me drive by as far as they could see. This is the first car I have owned that gets this kind of response from being totally stock. I love it!
That right there is why kids with ricers think they are the ****. Fart pipe, gaudy graphics, body kit, big wing, and everybody looks at them.

I prefer that every single person not look at me, unless I am in the throttle.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
That right there is why kids with ricers think they are the ****. Fart pipe, gaudy graphics, body kit, big wing, and everybody looks at them.

I prefer that every single person not look at me, unless I am in the throttle.
x2, i feel the same way.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rtr2001ss
SS's also had PS Coolers.
All 01-02's came with it regardless.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by themack56
z28 and an ss are the same stuff, the ss were overprice specialy the 35th aniversary you would spend a couple of grand for a stripe kit and some paperwork that said 35th ss, wow, i beat gm said lets see if these sukers fall for it, dont get me wrong ss look badass, it basicaly just the spoiler and the hood and suspension, wow, everyone changes that when they get there car anyway, gm just put a badge on them and sold them overpriced thats it, and z28 are the original oldschool camaro, back in the day the z28 was the top dog,
Hooray for ignorance! Everyone doesn't change thier suspension, spoiler and hood. Maybe people on this board do that, but not everyone.The SS will gain you more respect from people who know what they are talking about. Plus, it's not so plain looking like the z28.
The SS will get you a different hood, spoiler, rims, and a host of other SLP options that can't be gotten on a z28. There is more to it than what 'themack56' believes.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
The SS will gain you more respect from people who know what they are talking about.
I don't agree with that.

People who know what they are talking about know that the Z28 and SS are nearly identical, especially in power production and acceleration potential.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
I don't agree with that.

People who know what they are talking about know that the Z28 and SS are nearly identical, especially in power production and acceleration potential.
Yeah and honestly even if it is a SS and you modd it once you go so far it takes away from it being a SS b/c odds are your taking off some of the SLP option like the rims or exhaust
Old 03-16-2006, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
Yeah and honestly even if it is a SS and you modd it once you go so far it takes away from it being a SS b/c odds are your taking off some of the SLP option like the rims or exhaust
Strictly from the perspective of making power once you get a lid and cat-back there won't be any differences between an SS and a Z28, whether or not the SS came with options.