Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for a m6 99 blown hawk

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestions for a m6 99 blown hawk

Hi everyone! I am looking for advice on what to do next for my car. Current mods are : Procharger P-1sc @ 8lbs; BMR rear lowing springs 1"; BMR weld on SFCs; HAL adjustable shocks; Bendixx rotors all the way around. Car is daily driver, not taken to track.

Was thinking about:

8-rib setup...(where do i buy and whats $$?)
adjustable resevoir (clutch pedal height is getting annoying. how hard to adjust?)
a specX clutch (not sure what type yet)

maybe some internal engine stuff too... what cam would be good for a supercharged car?

i was thinking about spending 3-5k. just sold my house

thanks all!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my 8 rib from sdce they used to be a sponsor not sure if they are any more. The 8 rib was also for the D1. For 3-5k You could get your self a forged SB if you want to go higher on the boost. If not a H/C set up would be good. For a blower cam you want more exhaust lift and duration than intake and a LSA in the 115-117 range.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.sd-concepts.com/
Old 03-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the clutch I'd never buy a spec. I wouldn't install one if it was GIVEN to me. There's a guy in the Corvette section that has been driving his for 7+k miles and all of a sudden on a hard 3-4 it exploded and shrapnel shattered his windshield, shreded his dash, broke the bell housing, intake and luckily missed his legs and feet by inches. Another buddy of mine said that his was great for about 5k miles and now he's having issues with it.

My next clutch will be a LS7 clutch mated to an aluminum LS2 flywheel. Factory abused and certified for modded C6 Zo6 use.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Have you done headers and catback/true duals yet?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

I'm with HEapa. Full exhaust and intake mods would maximize what you already have and can eat up most of the $ you wanna spend. Once the bug bites you again do the H/C swap.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
My next clutch will be a LS7 clutch mated to an aluminum LS2 flywheel. Factory abused and certified for modded C6 Zo6 use.

So how much would that puppy run?

As for exhaust, I still have the stock SLP exhaust. Was thinking about a QTP cutout, but decided against for all the bad **** i hear about them, plus it sounds pretty raspy. Plus i live in Cali, so no long tubes...would any shorties be that much better?

thanks...

Rock
Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

give epp a call and ask for Bob. 260-244-4808. He will price match, and has done a lot of work with ati superchargers. the lingenfelter gt2-3 would work perfect or a ls6 cam. if you want to get more out of it then look at their customer pages and see what types of cams they are running.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by libertyre
So how much would that puppy run?
If you bought a new flywheel (OEM iron LS2) and the clutch it would be around $550 at cost. That's your target. If you called Fidanza and wanted the aluminum LS2 flywheel your target price would be around $750 total.

If you got a McLeod twin disk they run about $1,200 and the Textralia is about the same. No worries and stock like feel without the "chatter" on engagement that many aftermarket clutches have.

The LS7 set-up is cheaper, very strong and has a stock-like feel. That's why it's my next choice.