Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRP got the BIRD done!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRP got the BIRD done!!!

Ok guys. You maybe have seen some of my posts on here about my Fiance's (Jenny) 98 formula. It had a lifter come apart (ball broke in half), and pretty much trashed the engine. We went through hell with getting our pockets picked by a local LT1Dickhead over a period of several months before just letting the car sit while we searched for an Honest and Local PROFESSIONAL to do the job right. This is where we must say THANK YOU TO THIS SITE. Here we got a recommendation to take the car to Tracey and Tyler at SRP (Scott Racing and Performance) in Cincinnati. What a blessing. Over the last few weeks they have completely redone the engine incuding replacing the block, crank, cam (226/226), oil pump, 160 stat, MAF less tune, 918s, porting the TB, all machine work, internals, and heads inspected and slightly milled, tune, exhaust work, belt, and free mods.. and all for just 3200.00!!!
Tyler called today and said the car was done so I stopped by to check it out. First off.... This car is amazingly clean!!! They had it detailed at their expense. It sounds BAD *** and runs super smooth for the cam that's in it. They want me to drive it easy for a while and then I can't romp on it. I can't wait! Will post new pics soon as I can get them the balance on their work. I wish I could afford to pay them double because they are F'in AWESOME!!
Thank you LS1TECH, SRP, and whoever the angel was that referred them because this bird has been Reborn and is now ready to FLY.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

cool, get ready to spread it's wings!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:23 AM
11 Second Club

I stopped down there sunday. That car is beautiful and sounds great. I told you that you couldn't go wrong with SRP. Congrats to you and your future wife!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

That angel would be me lol, i was there weekend before last and saw tyler hookin up the engine and all that on your bird, didnt get to see the engine from before but tyler told me about it and how F#$%d up it was. they are a good bunch of guys and will do anything to help, like my oil pan was leaking and tyler took it upon himself to fix it at no charge to me. Tyler and Tracey at SRP are great guys and do amazing work on our cars. Glad you got your car all fixed and ready to go Prokill98.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow sounds like a really nice place!!!! Offtopic but what is the benefit of running without a MAFS?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

dont know but its just one less thing to have to upgrade later when the HP numbers get into the 500s, i am planning on taking it out and getting a longer smooth bellow and just shovin the screen in there to keep crap out.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Import Patrol

congrads on getting the bird back
Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
Wow sounds like a really nice place!!!! Offtopic but what is the benefit of running without a MAFS?
The mass Air that was on the car when SRP got it was off of an Impala and was way too small. Some Jackass switched it out at his own profit (wonder who would do a thing like that?). So they put in a polished 3.5 pipe and did a maf-less tune which I think does open some doors in the future. Thanks SRP!!

Last edited by ProKill98; 03-28-2006 at 03:44 PM. Reason: me stupid
Old 03-28-2006, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wino
I stopped down there sunday. That car is beautiful and sounds great. I told you that you couldn't go wrong with SRP. Congrats to you and your future wife!
Thanks for the referral Wino. We are extremely pleased. As for the car's looks, the first time I saw it I was blown away by its stance and told Jenny "That thing looks BAD as hell". She liked it's color so it was a done deal. Tracey and Tyler will get all my business from now on. Hopefully soon I will get a 3rd gen. and have them put an engine together for it. I was thinkin' maybe an '89 GTA/LS1 conversion with around 450rwhp... what dya think?
Old 03-30-2006, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ProKill98
Thanks for the referral Wino. We are extremely pleased. As for the car's looks, the first time I saw it I was blown away by its stance and told Jenny "That thing looks BAD as hell". She liked it's color so it was a done deal. Tracey and Tyler will get all my business from now on. Hopefully soon I will get a 3rd gen. and have them put an engine together for it. I was thinkin' maybe an '89 GTA/LS1 conversion with around 450rwhp... what dya think?
Hell yeah man, go for it. Skaats owns that black GTA up there and has an LS1/M6 in it.
Look into LTs and an SRP Y pipe for the formy and it should really wake up with that cam. BTW, I'm MAF-less now too but i still need to get the MAF out.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

looks like thats where the SS is gonna be going when my engine finally poops out on me then! haha. what a great price for all of your mods you got and everything! wow. i'm impressed.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

You can't go wrong there 99SS. For your sake though, I hope she stays together for you for a while. But when the time comes They'll hook you up nicely. Thanks, Jer
Old 03-31-2006, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLK02TA
Its called speed density tuning and its good for another couple horsies. You just take a piece of straight pipe and run it from your lid to the TB and get rid of the MAF.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

I stopped by SRP again today and couldn't help but notice that they even straightened out my antenna which somehow got a real sharp bend in the top section while the car was in detention at LT1Dick's. Just one more thing they didn't have to do but did. It's the little things in life that count, ain't it. SRP RULES!!