New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang and lt1 camaro for ls1. what kind of mileage ls1 could i get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mustang and lt1 camaro for ls1. what kind of mileage ls1 could i get?

hey i got a 1986 mustang 5.0. just rebuilt the transmission, 150k miles and a 1995 lt1 camaro with 155k miles on it, both run great. just curious but what kind of mileage camaro could i get if i traded them straight up for one?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People here would need some more information to give you a better estimate, but I can tell you that prices for similar cars with slightly different mileage can vary wildly.
For example, manual/auto trannies, is the camaro loaded or not, condition of paint and body / is the stang a badass drag car, etc.

On LS1s
5,000 mile or less cars often go for 25 grand,

40-75k mile cars are more reasonable and usually in great shape, TAs are probably around 20 if stock, and Camaros should be under something like 17k.

100k and up are affordable, camaros are 8(a few lower, not often) to 12 stock, depending on exact condition. Trans Ams and Formulas are more, they probably start at 11+ for 100k miles.

However, any estimate of a car goes out the damn window when you have mods. Some people ignore the market and calculate their car's value with the MSRP of the mods, like they are new and uninstalled, and they add the cost of the labor. Supposedly you eliminate all the cost of labor, and use half the value of the mods new, but realistically if someone desires those mods already, (like if the car has a lid/exhaust/short shifter/nice wheels) then they would gladly pay a little more than that estimate, considering they're already installed for them and they're not paying for brand new parts or shipping.

If you have an eBay account (only need a credit card) then you can do a regular search for the car you want in Passenger Vehicles, then check the Completed Items box on the left of the page, when that search comes up, all the cars with green titles were sold, or had Buy It Now used. Those cars are realistic indicators for whatever LS1 car you want, GTO/TA/Z28 or Vette.

Good luck. (If the camaro is not green metallic, please pm me about it. I'm looking for a cheap V8.)

Last edited by Ballistic Jello; 03-29-2006 at 01:08 AM.