Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp Flowpac

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slp Flowpac

I have a 2001 z28 and i was ooking at the slp Flowpac CAI kit comes with lid filter smooth bellows and another piece not sure if it would work on my z since i dont have the ss hood heres the link let me know guys, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 03-30-2006, 05:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally I think it's expensive for what it is.

The SLP lid is great (as are many others) and can be had for ~$90 and that's all you really need.

I personally don't really like k&N style filters, plus OEM paper ones are fine upto 500bhp n/a

The FTRA (Fast Toys Ram Air) is IMO a better setup than the Flowpac.

Smooth bellows does NOTHING it is a complete ripoff. If you really must then their's the Ferno mod which cost less than 10 bucks.

If it where me I'd just get a lid and a new paper filter and spend the rest of the money on something more worthwhile.

And maybe the FTRA, but in all honesty as I intend on FI one day I personally wouldn't bother with it as you'll only have to remove it if you do.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Personally I think it's expensive for what it is.

The SLP lid is great (as are many others) and can be had for ~$90 and that's all you really need.

I personally don't really like k&N style filters, plus OEM paper ones are fine upto 500bhp n/a

The FTRA (Fast Toys Ram Air) is IMO a better setup than the Flowpac.

Smooth bellows does NOTHING it is a complete ripoff. If you really must then their's the Ferno mod which cost less than 10 bucks.

If it where me I'd just get a lid and a new paper filter and spend the rest of the money on something more worthwhile.

And maybe the FTRA, but in all honesty as I intend on FI one day I personally wouldn't bother with it as you'll only have to remove it if you do.
bingo . my premise on the newbie mod mistakes thread was to point out what a rip off the Flowpac is.