Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think about this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about this?

I did have a 98 firebird, although about a month ago a girl pulled out infront of me while going 35 and it was totaled. we got 6500 from her insurance, and i have been saving for awhile towards getting a ls1. my max is about 8,500+-. I found this today, and am considering this car.
1999 Camaro z28
Price $8,500
Mileage 87,000
Exterior Color Black
Engine 8 Cylinder
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Drive Type 2 wheel drive
Fuel Type Gasoline
Doors Two Door

1999 CHEVROLET CAMARO, 87K mi, ac, ps, cc, tilt, lthr, p/seats, p/windows, am/fm, pdl, Z 28 T-top, $8,500.

I called the guy just a few minutes ago, and am seariosly interested in the car. He says it has a rebuilt transmission. I realize this could be a good or bad thing, what do you guys think about that?

Also, what do you guys think about the deal, i am about 400 miles away which is how far i drove to get my firebird. I will be calling him back in a little while for more information.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats sounds like a good price as long as every thing is in good shape. Find out what all had to be done with the trans and maybe call the shop that did the work. Also find out if there was anything done to the clutch while the trans was out.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the tranny was rebuilt thats good! They probably put in the steel fork as part of any basic rebuild. Maybe new syncros, keys, etc.

I hurt the tranny in my Firehawk at the track so it was rebuilt... good as new!

If I were you I'd tell him that you're willing to take a look at the car driving 400 miles away. If he will accept $8k you'll come look at it with no obligation to pay for your expenses. If he doesn't want to make that consession, then you need to move on. ~Joshua