New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking up my new ride tommorow..

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Picking up my new ride tommorow..

Well I'm not really a new owner but.. i totalled my last T/a when i was driven off the interstate by a girl in a suzuki aero who tried to pass me on the right and then changed lanes into me without looking... I spun around flipped it over and hit a tree..
Pic

anyway.. tommorow at 10am i'm going to pick up my new girl. A 99 pewter T/A M6 with 54,000 on the clock. Its bone stock and in perfect condition (new window motors and headlight motors ). Its my first 6spd and I cant wait.. Ive got the ls6 intake, headers, true duals, and air lid ready to go on after she gets back from her baseline dyno.

Just thought i'd share as the hours from now until then are gonna go by soo slow.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Congrats on the new T/A.

And sorry to hear about the old one. After looking at that pic, you're lucky that the only thing that didn't survive the crash was the car....
Old 06-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Launching!

yeah i was really sore for a few days.. and i got some scratches from crawling across the broken t-tops. Otherwise my worst injury was probably the poison ivy I got all over my legs. The last thing i remembered was stairing back at oncoming traffic then alot of noise. when i woke up i was hanging upside down.

ANother Pic
Old 06-25-2006, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Glad you escaped serious injury. Looks like it was a pretty bad crash.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Congrats on your new ride, but NBM > Pewter.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:51 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

congrats on the neww ride and happy to see you lived to get one
Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

so what happened to the girl? did she have and accident too or ran away?

glad to hear you are ok.. enjoy your new ride.. be safe..
Old 06-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope you sued the bitch. this new car better be free. further proof women can't drive so was she doing her make-up or talking on her phone while passing you illegally while speeding?

glad you're okay.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
hope you sued the bitch. this new car better be free. further proof women can't drive so was she doing her make-up or talking on her phone while passing you illegally while speeding?

glad you're okay.
Agreed... it's not that women can't drive because they are women... it's usually because the majority of them don't pay attention for some reason or another. Sure some are great drivers, but if I had a quarter for everytime I was cut off, almost rear-ended, or flipped off for going into drive ways slow (don't wanna bottom out) by a woman. I would have a lot of mod money for the next car I'm getting. A little sexist I know, but it's true... women get in almost 3 times as many accidents than Men, we just tend to be the more expensive accidents.

By the way, congrats on the new car. I'm actually a fan of Pewter on F-Bodys, be safe... glad you surived... sucks to see a nice car go down though.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:49 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Renegade
Agreed... it's not that women can't drive because they are women... it's usually because the majority of them don't pay attention for some reason or another. Sure some are great drivers, but if I had a quarter for everytime I was cut off, almost rear-ended, or flipped off for going into drive ways slow (don't wanna bottom out) by a woman. I would have a lot of mod money for the next car I'm getting. A little sexist I know, but it's true... women get in almost 3 times as many accidents than Men, we just tend to be the more expensive accidents.
In my personal experiance, this is true.

I've been in 4 accidents. All 4 times, the other party was at fault (no question) and always received the ticket, and that other party was always a woman. One pulled out of an alley and hit me. One blew a stop sign and hit me. One opened her door from a stopped car onto me as I drove past. One rear-ended me at a stop light. And of these all, weather was never to blame, it was always perfect road conditions. They were all driver error.

These were all very young women (under 21). 2 had no insurance. Not to say that guys can't be careless and stuipd too, beleive me they can. But so far my cars have been the targets of women.

Either way, I'm knocking on wood that I'm done with my share of accidents by women OR men. 4 is enough for me. Please leave my cars alone, regardless of your gender. Thank you.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
In my personal experiance, this is true.

I've been in 4 accidents. All 4 times, the other party was at fault (no question) and always received the ticket, and that other party was always a woman. One pulled out of an alley and hit me. One blew a stop sign and hit me. One opened her door from a stopped car onto me as I drove past. One rear-ended me at a stop light. And of these all, weather was never to blame, it was always perfect road conditions. They were all driver error.

These were all very young women (under 21). 2 had no insurance. Not to say that guys can't be careless and stuipd too, beleive me they can. But so far my cars have been the targets of women.

Either way, I'm knocking on wood that I'm done with my share of accidents by women OR men. 4 is enough for me. Please leave my cars alone, regardless of your gender. Thank you.

Damn four accidents caused by women drivers, that's insane. I think I'd be shell shocked every time I saw a woman driver after that. 2 with no insurance that sucks, I live in an area rampant with people with no insurance so I can appreciate that mess.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta watch out for those women behind the wheel!

Congrats on the new ride, and nothing is sexier than chrome rims on pewter.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:33 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by killerinyou
Damn four accidents caused by women drivers, that's insane. I think I'd be shell shocked every time I saw a woman driver after that. 2 with no insurance that sucks, I live in an area rampant with people with no insurance so I can appreciate that mess.
3 of them were very cut and dried. The other drivers just plain weren't paying attention. 1 of these 3 had lapsed insurance, and it was a **** outfit anyway (probably never would have paid even if the poilcy had been current).

The 4th was really a mess. I think they were trying to scam me into hitting them. This is the one that opened the door onto me as I drove past. The driver was actually a guy, but the door-opener that caused the accident was a woman (the passenger). I tried to pass this car as it was moving slowly like they were looking for a street or something. When I saw that I couldn't pass due to parked cars, I moved back behind them. Then a block or two later, cruising along at about 35mph the car came to a sudden and grinding stop in the middle of the street, almost causing me rear end them. But I'm pretty quick on the pedal and I stopped with room to spare. Then the car just sat there, as if it was going to make a left hand turn onto a side street, but no blinker was on. There were no other cars around at this point. So I make a lane change to pass the car in the right lane, and as I start to pull around, I notice the driver gets out of his car , so I'm almost past the stopped car and suddenly the girl in the passenger seat opens her door onto the left side of my car (bonneville in my sig) right at the B-pillar area, catching her door between my driver's side front and rear doors causing damage to both doors.

Later they both tried to claim that I rear-ended them and that's why they stopped and got out of the car. The cop didn't buy that either, considering there was ZERO damage of any kind to the front of my car (not even a scratch), and the damage on the back of their car was clearly made by a yellow car as evident by paint transfer (mine car was dark green). And of course, these people had no insurance....

Sorry for the long post, but it was a pretty messed up situation that requires some lenght to explain....

Last edited by RPM WS6; 06-26-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Launching!

I've been in three accidents .. all caused by young women drivers..

1. My junior year of highschool the day after i got my 1969 impala back from the paint shop.. i girl ran a stop sign and hit my drivers side front quarter.. (luckily the car is built like a tank and she got three huge dents in her car and it only scratched my new paint)

2. The wreck i mentioned before.

3. 4 days after wrecking my trans am i am driving to work in my dads truck. I am the only person at a redlight at 8am. I hear screeching tires behind me and look up to see a girl on her cell phone running into the back of the truck.

On a side note 3 days afte rmy wreck my girlfriend ran a redlight and got t-boned in an intersection. I'm not sayin all girls cant drive.. but from my expirience there are alot of them that cant.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Insurance rates oughta rise up to the mens level for them, but that wont happen cause they'll scream out "sexism" at the insurance companies.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry, i gotta say almost all women can't drive. women's minds just tend to wander more than men. women are on the phone, constantly drinking coffee or something, painting their nails, applying makeup in the sun visor mirror while driving...men don't do any of this (well, maybe the occasional drink ). the only thing i ever do is change the radio station. i feel much more comfortable in a car driven by a man than a woman.

i really don't care if this seems like a sexist comment, this is how i truly feel.

women tend to lack concentration more than men do. just look at the workplace. stand around and see who gets sidetracked more. who are the gossippers. who are the ones cracking up laughing out loud on the phone? women just tend to lack concentration more.

not to say that all men are safe either. i drive to work in a business district and it's amazing to see how many people drive around with a newspaper pinned to their steering wheel so they can read while at red lights and crusing in a straight line. it scares me shitless. just remember, it's the OTHER drivers out there you gotta be careful of. usually people that drive f-bodies, corvettes etc... are pretty good at driving since:

1.) since they own a performance car, they usually know how to drive it since they're likely driving enthusiasts

-and-

2.) they own a nice car and are careful with it

the worst drivers i see on the road own cavaliers, civics and altimas. cars that any average schmo can drive and afford. if they ding them, hey who cares...

nowhere in this post am i saying i'm some awesome driver. i just don't spend whole trips on my phone and paint my toenails while typing up a report for work...

i wish the girls had higher insurance rates. god knows they've earned it. i honestly think that the ONLY reason why males have higher insurance rates is because most DUI's are men.

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 07-03-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^Couldn't say it better myself, but not all women are bad drivers, we got some on this site you know, and more likely they can drive better then an average chick or guy that has driven nothing but econo box's and minivans. Or SUV's