New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z or WS6?

Old 06-26-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Z or WS6?

hey guys which would you get? a 2002 pewter z with cloth with only 8k miles for 18k! or a 2002 red ws6 black leather with 12k miles for 22k?
Old 06-26-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WS6... but both of those prices seem a little high, but I guess its just because of the miles. My opinion may be a little bias too, since ive always wanted a WS6, but I got a Z.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Color wise... Pewter is 100 times better than red IMHO
Old 06-26-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get whichever one you get a better deal on. They are both low mileage and they are basically the same car. Do you wanna pay an extra 4000 dollars for the mythical extra 25 hp thats really not even there?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Z
Old 06-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chadtx01
Get whichever one you get a better deal on. They are both low mileage and they are basically the same car. Do you wanna pay an extra 4000 dollars for the mythical extra 25 hp thats really not even there?
doesn't matter - 2 totally different cars looks-wise. i personally love firebirds but don't like camaros all that much. i mean they're fine, but i've never really wanted one. sounds like you have the money to spend so that shouldn't be an issue. it comes down to what do you like better, camaro or firebird?

color should not be an issue here, the model should be. there's no way you can like a camaro and firebird both TOTALLY EQUALLY. if you get the model you don't like as much, you'll be kicking yourself later.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
color should not be an issue here, the model should be. there's no way you can like a camaro and firebird both TOTALLY EQUALLY. if you get the model you don't like as much, you'll be kicking yourself later.
If your not biased to either.. yes you can they both have there good points.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

WS6 why not get all the bell and whisles and higher resale value and the ugraded suspention
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

doesn't matter - 2 totally different cars looks-wise. i personally love firebirds but don't like camaros all that much. i mean they're fine, but i've never really wanted one. sounds like you have the money to spend so that shouldn't be an issue. it comes down to what do you like better, camaro or firebird?

Honestly, it must matter to him, because he's asking. He might be like me, I was in the market for an LS1. I wasnt biased either way, I love the styling of the Camaro and the T/A. Both cars turn heads and both of them presented what I wanted which is performance. To start out, I was looking for an SS, then I found my Formula and I havent regretted buying it yet.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

A WS6 is one of the most badass looking cars ever produced. Gets my vote.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there's no way you can like a camaro and firebird both TOTALLY EQUALLY.
How so? I am an f-body fan, I'm not one sided with either car. I love them both the same as they are the best car ever made, period. I know there are people out there that absolutely love the Firebird and hate the Camaro. I also know there are people out there that absolutely love the Camaro and hate the Firebird. To each his own, but I love both totally equally. Just because I drive a Camaro doesn't mean I depise the Firebird. If I had the money, I'd own both.

To the original poster, get whichever you feel is the better deal. The WS6 will have the better value down the road, so if you plan on only having your f-body for a few years and want to sell it down the road, then the WS6 is calling your name (better re-sale value). Or if you plan on keeping your f-body for a long period of time (probably forever), then get the Z28.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
hey guys which would you get? a 2002 pewter z with cloth with only 8k miles for 18k! or a 2002 red ws6 black leather with 12k miles for 22k?
Neither, they are both overpriced.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

thanks guys. wow..i got a bunch of replies. im leaning towards the z just because it is cheaper. the ws6 does look mean. i was telling my wife, i might as well go all out and get the ws6. but she doesnt like red. and true, the TA is one of the baddest **** cars ever made.. my only drawback is the cloth interior..how many of you prefer the cloth over leather? i might probably just throw in some new seats anyways!!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00 SLVR Z
How so? I am an f-body fan, I'm not one sided with either car. I love them both the same as they are the best car ever made, period. I know there are people out there that absolutely love the Firebird and hate the Camaro. I also know there are people out there that absolutely love the Camaro and hate the Firebird. To each his own, but I love both totally equally. Just because I drive a Camaro doesn't mean I depise the Firebird. If I had the money, I'd own both.

To the original poster, get whichever you feel is the better deal. The WS6 will have the better value down the road, so if you plan on only having your f-body for a few years and want to sell it down the road, then the WS6 is calling your name (better re-sale value). Or if you plan on keeping your f-body for a long period of time (probably forever), then get the Z28.
because if someone offered you a car for free, both the same color, same features, same exact miles, only difference being a camaro or firebird, you would pick one. if you truly were no biased at all, you would never ever ever reach a decision. the fact that you'd pick one (and don't tell me you wouldn't ) means that you like one more than the other. everyone on this board would make a decision because it's simply impossible to like them both perfectly equally.

it's humanly impossible to like 2 different things exactly the same.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

because if someone offered you a car for free, both the same color, same features, same exact miles, only difference being a camaro or firebird, you would pick one. if you truly were no biased at all, you would never ever ever reach a decision. the fact that you'd pick one (and don't tell me you wouldn't ) means that you like one more than the other. everyone on this board would make a decision because it's simply impossible to like them both perfectly equally.

I would play eenie meanie miney mo. Either that or I would kick the guy thats giving away two f bodies for free in the nuts and have a friend follow me home in one and then own both.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Old 06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Get the Z and then take the extra $4k and upgrade the crap out of it!!!
The following users liked this post:
RollingThunder (09-27-2023)
Old 06-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

"An SS looks like it could kick your *** if it wanted to, but a WS6 looks like it's coming over to do it!" - Anonymous

'Nuf said.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

^ Two very good points have been made:
1) get the Z and put the extra 4k into modding it!
2)An SS looks like it could kick your *** if it wanted to, but a WS6 looks like it's coming over to do it!"
depends on what type of presonality you have. In my area, LS1 camaros outnumber LS1 Birdies (all TA/Formy/WS6) 2-or-3 to 1! (i could be wrong, but i hardly ever see another TA on the road when i'm driving).

So your choice to me would be: faster Z, or more eye-catching WS6 that can be made faster too. Thats a personality thing: would you rather speak softly and carry a big stick, or speak loudly and carry a big stick?? Either way, you cant go wrong.
Good Luck
Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

Poor analogy, and not true. If I could leave home with either four quarters or a one dollar bill in my pocket, right now, I really really really do not have a preference for one or the other. That does not mean I am going to sit here for eternity without choosing.

I would flip one of the quarters and let it decide.

They are over priced. I would almost always pick pewter over red though. I think WS6's look mean and %&$&, but would never want a red one.

Search this Thread