Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options

Assuming you have an f-body that is driven daily...

I was looking at two cars. I started a new thread for this reason: They got a little cluttered, and it was hard to follow what was going on, so I'm sorry if this is bad.

I found a Camaro with 33,500 (roughly) miles on the clock. It is a privately-owned vehicle, and looks like it is fairly bare-bones (manual windows, no T-tops, etc). The owner is asking about $11,000 on it. I think I can talk him down some, but I was wondering if any of you guys have one like this, and if you feel bad about it.

I don't know if I want a car with manual windows (in Florida), and without T-tops. T-tops I am not so concerned about, because I lived without them for 19 years, I can live without them some more.

It is an NBM car, with a T56, like I said, the mileage is very low, it is from '99. Any opinions? I would have to find someone else to buy my truck, but that shouldn't be too hard. I took real good care of it, and it has only about 16,000 on the clock.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcgodx
Assuming you have an f-body that is driven daily...
I found a Camaro with 33,500 (roughly) miles on the clock. It is a privately-owned vehicle, and looks like it is fairly bare-bones (manual windows, no T-tops, etc). The owner is asking about $11,000 on it. I think I can talk him down some, but I was wondering if any of you guys have one like this, and if you feel bad about it.
This is EXACTLY what my dailydriver is (only option is the p.s. cooler, does not even have a rear window defroster)! I could not be happier knowing I have the lightest, least complicated, least to go wrong/break LS1 f body out there!! NO; leaks, rattles, squeaks, burned out window/mirror motors, hot/cold leather,etc. I've NEVER looked back, and NEVER regret my choice!
I can see your point about crank windows in "deluge in a microsecond" Florida, but I've been able to reach across and roll up the pass. side real quick in a downpour, while moving, with NO control problems (that's the ONLY slight inconvenience I feel with this car!).
Old 07-12-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep looking. I bought my loaded M6 SS w/47k on it for 10.5 over 2 years ago. It's replacement, 98Z w/18.5k, is loaded except for tops. Got it for 8.3. Pics of both in sig link.

My 71 is the stripper, I need creature comforts like leather, power everything, remote, cruise, etc, for my daily driver.

Other cars I considered b4 buying the Z weren't as good a deal, but much better than the stripper you're are looking at, including a loaded Z that was an exact clone of my SS except for the SS package. But the owner was obsessive with the car and it showed. Immaculate at ~ 50k, asking was 10.5. I passed cause it was am M6 and I was preferring an A4 this time around.

Deals are out there if you look for them, just be patient and buy a car you really want, not one you have to talk yourself into.