Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you have a car hauler for your 4th gen, come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 09:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default If you have a car hauler for your 4th gen, come in

Hey guys, I'm liking the best of both worlds here. Instead of buying a garage at the age of 18, I am leaning more toward a car hauler for a few reasons. I'm able to tote the car around without any worries and it'll keep down the milege. Also, I'd like a place to store the car for the winter. Do any of yous store your car in a hauler? I was thinking of insulating the hell out of it, getting it dry as possible in there with a small vent maybe? or a constant dehumidifier. I think that would work to keep all moisture out , what do you guys think? Also, what size hauler do you have, the about cost? I think I might just pay it monthly but I'm not sure what I want. Someone please point me in a good direction : ) my dad has a 350 vortec truck so I should be alright when hauling
Old 07-15-2006, 10:31 AM
12 Second Club

bummmmppppp
Old 07-15-2006, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Let me start by saying nice car!!! I have stored my car in a hauler before as you are describing, and like you stated it has its ups and downs. You shouldnt have to worry about insulating it unless you wanted to keep it climate controlled. insulation would only add a lot of weight and cost to your project. As far as venting goes, I see nothing wrong with just having a vent to the outside, so the air temp, humidity, etc is the same as outside, again just need to worry about keeping it dry! If you are trying to just absolutely baby the car, then storing it in a hauler isnt the best way to go, but to keep it out of the elements, keep miles off it is very well in budget and works great.
I stored my car in a 22' car trailer for a winter. I took it out on the nice days when weaher wasnt an issue. (Car loves cold weather )
So having said that, I would reccomend parking the trailer in the shade or under a canopy so that it doesnt act as a oven.
Also you mentioned your dads truck being a vortec 350, I assume 97 or older model 1500? I pulled mine with a 99 F150 w/5.4 trition w/3:73 gears and it was all it could do espicially up a hill. If your dads truck has some mods it may be fine, or if you are just moving it around town. I would definately reccomend a helper spring in the rear to keep the truck from sagging. H
Hope this helps you make a decision, and maybe some others will chime in as to their particular experiences!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

Just remmber it's ideal to have an excess capacity when towing.. thats my .02 a 1500 will be more stressed then a 2500 ect... less strain on the vehicle is better all the way around, it will tow better and be less wear and tear on the truck.. just something to consider...

Good Luck!
-=Rick