Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking at t/a would like advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at t/a would like advice

hello. I have a few questionsabout a T/A being sold near me locally. the story is in about a month i'll have about 9,000 bwn loan and cash from selling my car. ther T/A being sold is a 98 53,000 miles, loaded, and garage kept (never seen snow). It looks super clean, havent heard it run yet but was told its in fine running condition, no problems at all. (the guy seems honest
Now they told me they were asking 11500 but just want to get rid of it bc they havent been able to get it sold in the past month and a half or so. I told him that it would prob be out of my price range (not yet telling him how much). Wha are you guy's thoughts on starting at eight thousand and only going up to offering 9000. Is that jsut too low and would i just be embarrasing myself for having that much of a diff. btwn my offer and their original asking price?
I know if i could get it for nine thousand i would be getting quite a good deal.
Any thoughts or opinions are very much appriciated (sorry for the long message
Old 08-02-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

with the miles on it thats a GOOD price if you can get them down to 9k that i say jump on that deal. Start with the haggling over the price but if/when you get to 9k just say that all you can do. Don't say thats all the money you have! If the don't go for it ask if you can leave your name and # with them in case something changes. Check back in 3 -4 weeks if they are in that big of a hurry to sell it and they still have then they will prob. do it; if they don't to begin with. and don't act like you DESPERATLY what the car just act interested.

GOOD LUCK; HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU
Old 08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by deadmanTA
with the miles on it thats a GOOD price if you can get them down to 9k that i say jump on that deal. Start with the haggling over the price but if/when you get to 9k just say that all you can do. Don't say thats all the money you have! If the don't go for it ask if you can leave your name and # with them in case something changes. Check back in 3 -4 weeks if they are in that big of a hurry to sell it and they still have then they will prob. do it; if they don't to begin with. and don't act like you DESPERATLY what the car just act interested.

GOOD LUCK; HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU

plus remember, you control the sale, dont feel like they are controling you, by you being interested in the car your doing them a favor so play your cards your way dont let them tell you how its gonna be .....
Old 08-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Teching In

thanks for the replies. I'm still in the processof making sure i can afford it. checked my insurance and it looks like i can swing that crazy insurance bill lol. now i gotta pya a few bills this month then off to see about a loan. so i'm crossing my fingers. oh and the miner problem that i have to try and sell my v-6 camaro (thats gonna be fun- sarcasm)
Old 08-03-2006, 01:30 AM
Teching In

53,000 for 9000 is a very good price cuz I got my T/A 3 months ago for $9000 but had 80,000 miles on it............drove all the way to Maryland to pick it up from a friend........
Old 08-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Launching!

bought my T/A 49,900K miles 100% stock
for 7,500

not percect interior - needs new speakers, driver seat has rip.
Exterior - chip in front bumper, sideskirt crack (I got a new one cheap though - so no big deal, same color and all).

for what its worth.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Teching In

sounds good thanks for all ur input and advice. My big problem is going to be selling my 97 v-6 camaro. Any suggestions on ways to try to sell this type of car, i'm worried bc i figure id someone wants this type of car, they'll be wanting a v-8, not to mention summer is almost over
Old 08-06-2006, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

It gets better gas mileage than a v8, and that's a pretty good selling point right now.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is the Trans Am a 6speed or Auto?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Teching In

I am pretty sure its an auto, I cant be positive though, i do know its been femaile drivin. havent reallly gotten to take a good look at it yet. i have jsut talkted to theowner and when i initially saw it (almost 2 months ago) I wasnt really looking to buy at the time, just by chance i grabbed the number off of it :-P
Old 08-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Update if anyone is interested lol. I'm going to check on a loan on moandy, (have been told that the odds are really good for me). I may have someone quite interested in my car for what i want out of it, And i'm going to look at that trans am this Sunday. so come a week form now i can posibly be dealing with this person on getting the T/A I've been talking about, i'm getting a lil excited but not trying to get too excited too quick (kinda hard to do) but i wanted to share with others whom have been in my position before lol, i am soo past being ready for my first ls1 engine
Old 08-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Launching!

well good luck, hope it all works out well for you!