Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Glad To Be Here

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Glad To Be Here

A few weeks ago I brought a bright red 2002 Z-28 MT with about 14,000 miles and I haven't stopped smiling since the first time I drove her. This is my first V-8 RWD and I can easily see myself keeping her for 100,000+ miles.

I am planning on getting a full exhaust done as my first major mod. My current thinking is QTP longpipe headers and a QTP ORY with a Magnaflow exhaust. I am thinking of getting an electric cutout too. I heard this setup and I like the way it sounds. All of this work will be followed by a tune.

I am also replacing the stock Monsoon stereo with an Alpine 9857. I am still kicking around the rest of my new system, but I most likely going to just use a pair of 6.5's and a single subwoofer.

Right now I will most likely use Boston Acoustics Z6s and an ID 12'' sub. I am not certain about the amps but I will figure that out later.

Anyway, thanks for the informative posts and the great ideas that I plan on stealing.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Teching In

if ur going 2 put longtube headers get the magna flow x pipe and give ur car a true dual set up
Old 09-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adrianmaroz28
if ur going 2 put longtube headers get the magna flow x pipe and give ur car a true dual set up
My concern with TDs is their volume. I am in a conservative profession and I drive in a major city almost every day. I want this car to be my daily driver, so I am not looking to do anything too extreme.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

strongly recommend against the QTP y-pipe. QTP y-pipes have a long history of fitting like garbage and leaving you with 2" of ground clearance even on stock ride height cars. if you go QTP longtubes, you're better off getting true duals or getting a custom fabbed y-pipe. if you're against that, you're better off getting kooks longtubes and y-pipe. not only is kooks' y-pipe stainless, it has a long history of fitting excellent, in some cases gaining clearance over stock. at the ridiculous price of QTP y-pipes, you'll be able to get the kooks system for nearly the same price, except kooks is all stainless where QTP has an alumium y-pipe.

EDIT: just noticed thunderracing.com is having a crazy labor day sale on ALL headers. the prices are slashed like mad. if you're interested in QTP's or kooks, now's DEFINITELY the time to get them! the same ends monday (9/4/06).
Old 09-03-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

good choice on the color and man do i wish that I could afford and pull of LTs and no cats in CA