Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asr ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asr ???

HI, what does a asr actually do i know it has something to do with traction , right ? would it be a good idea to leave it on while in a race ?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98_z28
HI, what does a asr actually do i know it has something to do with traction , right ? would it be a good idea to leave it on while in a race ?
Acceleration Slip Regulation (ASR) is used to prevent the rear wheels from losing grip when accelerating. Most people like to turn their ASR off before a race as it will bog your car down when it kicks in.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when ASR is on:

if your tires start to loose traction, the traction control (ASR) will bog the motor down for a split second so the tires can hook back up. most people turn this off andonly use it when the roads are slippery from rain or ice.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i believe it automatically applies brake pressure to control the wheel spin til it stops trying to spin and with the brakes coming on it is slowing you down, but then again if you have street tires and you just blow them off from a dig then it would be wise to leave on the traction control..
Old 09-13-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bjamick
i believe it automatically applies brake pressure to control the wheel spin til it stops trying to spin and with the brakes coming on it is slowing you down, but then again if you have street tires and you just blow them off from a dig then it would be wise to leave on the traction control..
instead of blowing off the tires... you could jsut give it less gas. ASR is a waste...even in the snow because it'll jerk the car around and make it less stable. You also need a lil spin to get going in the snow. Not to mention in the rain.. I don't understand why people have problems with these cars. You just have to drive slightly more conservatively.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When the asr kicks in it actually punches the gas pedal back out at you, i dont think it applies the brakes. It was really weird the first time it happened to me.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

The ASR pushes the pedal back out and definitely prevents you from accelerating as fast as possible. It is not for race mode. I do leave mine on when the weather is bad. But I have a pretty good habit of cutting it off as soon as I start the car.